Fly fishing near Corvallis

S
sam12
Anyone know some good spots to fly fish around Corvallis? Been hitting up E.E. Wilson and killing it in my float tube but wondering if there's more out there. Any lead helps!

troutdude
troutdude
There's lots of places, along the Willamette. Otherwise, you have to travel a bit futher away.

W
Willerman
Are you targeting trout specifically? I would say if you can get a float tube to EE, that would be the best spot around. Lots of ponds in Albany and Salem that you could do the same thing at without having to hike that thing in. You can check out the stocking schedule on ODFWs website. Freeway lakes you can target a multitude of species on the fly rod - top water would be lots of fun there when the water warms up for bass on a fly rod, I would imagine - never tried it though

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
If you drive west past Philomath the upper Mary's river holds native Coastal Cutthroats. Caught quite a few during my years at OSU. They don't get very big, biggest I caught was maybe 14" on a good day haha but for the Mary's anything over 10" is arguably a trophy. Also the Mary's doesn't hold a whole lot of trout so be careful handling them, not trying to sound like an Eco-nazi but I'm sure you know what you're doing.

troutdude
troutdude
Philomath, is my home town. Caught plenty of little cutties, back in the day. So if you don't mind smallish fish; give STK's idea a try.