Steelhead worms

J
joesnuffy
Mike123 said:
If I were looking for advice I'd take it from you, judging my your avatar pic! ;)

thanks!

C
Columbus
FishSchooler said:
If I am thinking of you are meaning... that would probably give a better presentation, but there is a much larger chance of not seeing the bobber go down when you get a bite, because the slack that the floating worm has built.

Do natural worms float? nooooo ;)
we probably have some genetically altered worms that do float... technology these days :rolleyes:

I have seen people use an empty syringe and pump air into real worms to get them to float.

T
TTFishon
Columbus said:
I have seen people use an empty syringe and pump air into real worms to get them to float.

I used to do that when I was a kid. We also used to inject the worm with scent. Actually it worked pretty good.

F
FishSchooler
TTFishon said:
I used to do that when I was a kid. We also used to inject the worm with scent. Actually it worked pretty good.

Sounds pretty inhumane as well... :rolleyes:

Sorry i was thinking about the 1/8 oz jigs... trying to cast a hunk of lead like that with a back/forth motion... :shock:

On Eagle creek, I was fishing with JUST a corkie, size 1 hook,and yarn. No lead. With a spinning rod, and I managed to cast at least 15 feet by doing just normal fly casts. Also works with mono.

T
Troutier Bassier
You went to the creek?
And how were you expecting to catch fish with that rig Artic?

F
FishSchooler
Troutier Bassier said:
You went to the creek?
And how were you expecting to catch fish with that rig Artic?

???

T
Troutier Bassier
How do you drift fish with no lead?