Has anybody on here....

hobster
hobster
....hooked or heard of anyone hooking a Willamette/McKenzie summer steelhead? Just curious, i'm sure someone has but I have not heard a word yet. The numbers are so dismal I have not even tried, the few times I've gotten out I have fly fished the Mac for trout.
So far a little over 800 steelhead have crossed Willy Falls, last year at this time there were over 8,500 and I glanced at a few other years and there were over 12,000 or more. Leaburg stopped posting numbers, they are still at 12 fish. After the horrible winter run we had around here I think I am going into steelhead depression :sad: I am not one to chase reports, I believe in going out and finding out for myself what is going on, so i'm sure I will head out soon. Just haven't seen any fish posted and was wondering............good to see some springers coming over, maybe I should start targeting salmon instead.

C_Run
C_Run
I talked to a guy two days ago and his buddy limited fast on springers on the main Saniam the other day but the steelhead numbers look terrible so far.

C
CrazyCaptainWillie
Several days out in the town run in Eug, seen nothing rolling, caught 1 trout (on a spin n glo with a clipped fin... fishful thinking perhaps)
numbers are sad... hoping some nooks will be around soon though.

C
catphish
My brother said his coworker landed a steelie on the McKenzie 1.5 weeks ago. Parked at Leaburg hatchery and walked down river a bit I was told.

hobster
hobster
catphish;n605295 said:
My brother said his coworker landed a steelie on the McKenzie 1.5 weeks ago. Parked at Leaburg hatchery and walked down river a bit I was told.

Good for him, glad someone got one! Still haven't given them a shot yet

hobster
hobster
EOBOY;n605301 said:
Eric that article is sad.

No doubt brother, hopefully the numbers will be up next winter (fingers crossed!). Anytime you want to bust out the pontoons on the Mac :D The levels have dropped to a nice flow :thumb:

EOBOY
EOBOY
hobster;n605317 said:
No doubt brother, hopefully the numbers will be up next winter (fingers crossed!). Anytime you want to bust out the pontoons on the Mac :D The levels have dropped to a nice flow :thumb:

I know! I've been waiting for the school year to end, so I'm not in the way of the kids busy life. I'm still nursing a sore shoulder injury from the "Take-out incident" :blushing: How's your shin BTW? I might just pull my trailer down soon. Just After the 4th Lyndsey and Grace are headed to Forest Grove for a Dance Camp (Lyndsey is an instructor) So I'll be staying with John to paint, oh has he called you about that?

hobster
hobster
EOBOY;n605345 said:
I'm still nursing a sore shoulder injury from the "Take-out incident" :blushing: How's your shin BTW?

Damn, hope it heals up quick, that was a pretty crazy current! Forgot about the shin, made me laugh when I read that. Just glad I could save you from busting your head! John hasn't called yet, i'm sure I can make some time if you guys need help, I've got all the equipment...etc.