Admin
Congratulations! What did she take?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
(Untitled)

awesome!

G
Gulfstream
I have been throwing EVERYTHING except a spinner.So I figured why not? 3rd cast KABAMO ,Buds brass #2

T
TimberTodd
Isn't that always the way it goes. Then you stop and ask yourself, if I had tossed a spinner the other trips would it have made a difference? Congrats!!

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
That's a beautiful fish. Don't see a fin, curious as to why you didn't keep it?

C
ChezJfrey
Ha! Nice going. Funny how I too sometimes neglect the spinner. I toss a spoon pretty well, but it doesn't always do the trick for a fish susceptible to hardware, as a buddy of mine has proven to me a few times when he bats cleanup behind me on a run and after my spoon was dismissed, he nails a fish with a spinner. Heck, I've been known to rarely switch out a spoon after no success, for a spinner and do the same thing...nail a fish on one of those in the same place my spoon was ignored. You think I'd learn and do it more often.

Anyway, Hooked Up, I actually know a couple guys that let all steelhead go, hatchery too. They just don't bother with the 'hassle'. I've been known to do the same on some days when I'm just not in the mood to deal with lugging, cleaning, etc. To each his own :)

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
ChezJfrey;n601964 said:
Ha! Nice going. Funny how I too sometimes neglect the spinner. I toss a spoon pretty well, but it doesn't always do the trick for a fish susceptible to hardware, as a buddy of mine has proven to me a few times when he bats cleanup behind me on a run and after my spoon was dismissed, he nails a fish with a spinner. Heck, I've been known to rarely switch out a spoon after no success, for a spinner and do the same thing...nail a fish on one of those in the same place my spoon was ignored. You think I'd learn and do it more often.

Anyway, Hooked Up, I actually know a couple guys that let all steelhead go, hatchery too. They just don't bother with the 'hassle'. I've been known to do the same on some days when I'm just not in the mood to deal with lugging, cleaning, etc. To each his own :)

:whs: exactly. but reverse the gear, I'm always going to toss in a spinner or two mostly, I need to make sure and run a spoon more often.

Last edited:
G
Gulfstream
I fish for a lot of different species.These fish go through a hell of a journey in their life that impresses me to no end.Not to mention the fight.I let ALL my steelhead go.They are to special to me to kill.There are plenty of other fish for eating:thumb::)

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
ChezJfrey;n601964 said:

I get that Chez. There's a saying something like "It's all fun and games until you keep one and then it becomes work". Maybe if I caught more fish.:)

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Gulfstream;n601970 said:
I fish for a lot of different species.These fish go through a hell of a journey in their life that impresses me to no end.Not to mention the fight.I let ALL my steelhead go.They are to special to me to kill.There are plenty of other fish for eating:thumb::)

I can truly appreciate that sentiment. I fish steelhead & salmon almost exclusively, no fin the work begins. For me the tug is the drug. Might be the same with bass on an ultra light?

hobster
hobster
Gulfstream;n601970 said:

I remember our conversation on Rogers boat :thumb: Way to go man, stoked for you. I always toss a spinner/spoon in a hole at some point, sometimes it's the only thing they will hit.