First Siuslaw steelhead

hobster
hobster
EOBOY;n601710 said:
Hobbs nice slow mo!

Thanks man, just figured that out, I really dig it.

Always a pleasure fishing with my buddies Roger and Brandon, it was an enjoyable day.

I am always conflicted to post pics or vids because I never want to advertise where I get fish (nor does anyone else). This place is no secret, and anyone who fishes there knows my favorite hole;) Roger hooked this fish 100 yards away and we ended up landing it in this spot :thumb: What a fight!

Reactions: EOBOY
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
hobster;n601732 said:
Thanks man, just figured that out, I really dig it.

Always a pleasure fishing with my buddies Roger and Brandon, it was an enjoyable day.

I am always conflicted to post pics or vids because I never want to advertise where I get fish (nor does anyone else). This place is no secret, and anyone who fishes there knows my favorite hole;) Roger hooked this fish 100 yards away and we ended up landing it in this spot :thumb: What a fight!

he speaks the truth, I 'actually' hooked that 3 pound fish just up from Mapleton and danced over the rocks/logs/brush with amazing agility and skill to reach the spot where Hobster was holding my net...lol

on a serious note, I think most of us (including Hobster, otherwise I might get cross-checked into the river next time out...) differentiate between a 'secret' spot and a 'favorite' spot. this stretch of the Siuslaw is a series of holes/spots, drift boats often move just 50yards or so before anchoring to hit another spot....not that it makes catching these fish any easier but fishing a good hole at least gives you hope.

Last edited:
T
troutmasta
Chromer-

Reactions: rogerdodger
Admin
Admin
troutmasta;n601784 said:

howdy, troutmasta. where are yours?

S
stanster
Great job and thanks for sharing!!

T
troutmasta
Anatoliy;n601785 said:
howdy, troutmasta. where are yours?

Only fished once this year and all I caught was a buzz..