Story of Steelhead Joe

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Story of Steelhead Joe

Outside magazine just published a story on Deschutes River Guide, Steelhead Joe. It is a little bit depressing, but still a worthwhile read. Connect here:

http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor....html?page=all

Buddy at work showed me this yesterday. Yes, depressing. RIP Steelhead Joe.

www.facebook.com/TannersGuideService

www.tannersguidedfishing.com

Comment

Saw that on another site. At least he lived life on his own terms...

Comment

Originally posted by eugene1 View Post
        Saw that on another site. At least he lived life on his own terms...
        Truth,

www.facebook.com/TannersGuideService

www.tannersguidedfishing.com

Comment

I am sure my comment is going to stir it up a bit but I have to say.
          What a Selfish Coward. He took his own life with little to no regards to any one but himself. Nothing Stand up about that IMO!

Comment

Originally posted by Chromatose View Post
            I am sure my comment is going to stir it up a bit but I have to say.
            What a Selfish Coward. He took his own life with little to no regards to any one but himself. Nothing Stand up about that IMO!
            I suppose that brings up a philosophical debate -- If one has no children and no spouse, are they really obligated to live for anyone but themselves? Are they obligated to make consideration for another person that might care about them if they've made no implicit or explicit commitment? Just because one may know someone that cares for them, why would they be owed anything if that care was never asked for?
            Proud, card-carrying member of ******************.com

Comment

Originally posted by ChezJfrey View Post
              I suppose that brings up a philosophical debate -- If one has no children and no spouse, are they really obligated to live for anyone but themselves? Are they obligated to make consideration for another person that might care about them if they've made no implicit or explicit commitment? Just because one may know someone that cares for them, why would they be owed anything if that care was never asked for?
              In the article it says he had kids...two of them. One would have been 17 and one 15 at the time I think.
              Last edited by Modest_Man; 08-24-2013, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Modest_Man View Post
                In the article it says he had kids...two of them. One would have been 17 and one 15 at the time I think.
                Correct, with Tricia. Somehow I immediately forgot that after reading...nice comprehension skills, eh? For debate purposes, we can still let my question stand, though it no longer pertains to Stealhead Joe
                Proud, card-carrying member of ******************.com

Comment

Not sure about obligations to anyone or not, but I'm in that category, Chez, no kids or wife... lots of friends, fam, and work projects to keep me engaged with the real world tho.

Plenty of fish to look forward to and some good financials as well... About my comment above, just meant that we should live every day to the fullest.. and hope we'll get another one with the wide open bite. I think that guy did it almost everyday too, until his last.

Best,

Originally posted by ChezJfrey View Post
                  Correct, with Tricia. Somehow I immediately forgot that after reading...nice comprehension skills, eh? For debate purposes, we can still let my question stand, though it no longer pertains to Stealhead Joe

Comment

http://idylwilde.com/wordpress/who-is-stealhead-joe/

There's another view, seems maybe he wasn't really that well know. And maybe not even well respected.
                    If its got a fin, its going in...my skillet!!!

Comment

Most Popular

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by O. mykiss, 09-08-2016, 09:05 PM
                    15 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Casting Call  
                    Started by Insulatorkid, 08-29-2016, 08:44 AM
                    5 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Kage