Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting stat's

Well....at least to me!

Looks like summer fish are trending towards higher populations since the introduction of the hatchery broodstock which are taken from wild fish at Winchester dam.
    The winter fish look really stable with the only real variable being ocean conditions affecting returns. Now that there is no longer any logging on the federal forest land in the North Umpqua headwaters I would asume those numbers might increase with the improved habitat!
    http://www.dfw.state.or.us/fish/fish..._1945-2011.pdf
    http://www.dfw.state.or.us/fish/fish..._1946-2011.pdf
    Defy the laws of tradition!!!

Thank you for sharing these stats. I will have to take an in-depth look at them after i get settled in for spring break.
    "Fly fishing is like an affair d'amour rather than a major contact sport--it is a truly recreative act in which the longer and more delicate the courtship, the more intimate and intriguing the relationship becomes." Rex Gerlach

"The fish are the professors in this college of angling. They assess but two grades for our performance: "A" when we catch 'em "F" when we don't" Rex Gerlach

Comment

Look at the summer steelhead numbers between 84 and 90. I was in Roseburg at the time but not fishing....darn.

Comment

Originally posted by jamisonace View Post
        Look at the summer steelhead numbers between 84 and 90. I was in Roseburg at the time but not fishing....darn.
        Ya, hatchery production was in full swing.....I can't get past the "Good ole' days" back before there were hatchery fish....pretty low returns....maybe the good Ole' days weren't as good as they are remembered now! I would take 84-90 over 46-59 anyday!

Comment

Hmmm...46-59 was a result of logging everything over 12" to send into the Pacific Theatre during WWII for pilings. Nothing kills fish better than mud. The whole valley was logged and I know several local companies who made muchas Million $ in that endeavor and now own most of the valley.

Comment

Originally posted by FishFiddle View Post
            Hmmm...46-59 was a result of logging everything over 12" to send into the Pacific Theatre during WWII for pilings. Nothing kills fish better than mud. The whole valley was logged and I know several local companies who made muchas Million $ in that endeavor and now own most of the valley.
            Agreed!!! :clap:

Habitat is everything! :clap:

Comment

Most Popular

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Mrk13p, 07-09-2016, 04:56 PM
            21 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post DrTheopolis  
            Started by Spartankidfishing, 07-12-2016, 10:30 AM