Interesting stat's

M
Mad dog
Well....at least to me! ;)

Looks like summer fish are trending towards higher populations since the introduction of the hatchery broodstock which are taken from wild fish at Winchester dam.
The winter fish look really stable with the only real variable being ocean conditions affecting returns. Now that there is no longer any logging on the federal forest land in the North Umpqua headwaters I would asume those numbers might increase with the improved habitat!

T
the_intimidator03
Thank you for sharing these stats. I will have to take an in-depth look at them after i get settled in for spring break.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Look at the summer steelhead numbers between 84 and 90. I was in Roseburg at the time but not fishing....darn.

M
Mad dog
jamisonace said:
Look at the summer steelhead numbers between 84 and 90. I was in Roseburg at the time but not fishing....darn.

Ya, hatchery production was in full swing.....I can't get past the "Good ole' days" back before there were hatchery fish....pretty low returns....maybe the good Ole' days weren't as good as they are remembered now! I would take 84-90 over 46-59 anyday!

F
FishFiddle
Hmmm...46-59 was a result of logging everything over 12" to send into the Pacific Theatre during WWII for pilings. Nothing kills fish better than mud. The whole valley was logged and I know several local companies who made muchas Million $ in that endeavor and now own most of the valley.

M
Mad dog
FishFiddle said:
Hmmm...46-59 was a result of logging everything over 12" to send into the Pacific Theatre during WWII for pilings. Nothing kills fish better than mud. The whole valley was logged and I know several local companies who made muchas Million $ in that endeavor and now own most of the valley.

Agreed!!! :clap:

Habitat is everything! :clap: