1 trillion dollar prize

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 trillion dollar prize

as some of you may know, Pautzke bait company is offering a 10,000 prize to Oregon and Idaho anglers that break the current state records for steelhead ( Or, 35.8 lb in 1973 Idaho 30.3 lb in 1970 both natives ) with their bait, only hatchery fish count... in washington 28lbs wins you $5000... so with such a realistic, not at all a ****ing gimmick contest halibuthitman wants to get in on the action... soooo, I will give 1 trillion dollars to anyone who breaks these records with a hatchery fish in the same time period... no wait... I will give the d-bags at Pautzkes 1 trillion dollars if anyone breaks one of these records by lets say... hhhmmmm 2.5 lbs? wow pautzkes.. what a joke of a promo:rolleyes:
    I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road and not have his motives questioned-

visit my page at www.facebook.com/fiberhammer

oh, p.s your cure sucks my grandpa made better roe with raspberry jello powder and borax...
    I dream of a world in which a chicken can cross the road and not have his motives questioned-

Comment

Originally posted by halibuthitman View Post
      oh, p.s your cure sucks my grandpa made better roe with raspberry jello powder and borax...

:cool::dance::clap::think::think::think:cheap off brands of jello raspberry work well, like cheap beer for beer batter!

Comment

Im sweetening the deal, anyone who catches a greatwhite shark over 97 ft in the alse river on a mini inferno lure wins 47 trillion dollars.. ok, i,ll include the Rogue but only above tidewater.........

Comment

as some of you may know, Pautzke bait company is offering a 10,000 prize to Oregon and Idaho anglers that break the current state records for steelhead ( Or, 35.8 lb in 1973 Idaho 30.3 lb in 1970 both natives ) with their bait, only hatchery fish count... in washington 28lbs wins you $5000... so with such a realistic, not at all a ****ing gimmick contest halibuthitman wants to get in on the action... soooo, I will give 1 trillion dollars to anyone who breaks these records with a hatchery fish in the same time period... no wait... I will give the d-bags at Pautzkes 1 trillion dollars if anyone breaks one of these records by lets say... hhhmmmm 2.5 lbs? wow pautzkes.. what a joke of a promo:rolleyes:
          Brad, you are so right on.

Comment

Im sweetening the deal, anyone who catches a greatwhite shark over 97 ft in the alse river on a mini inferno lure wins 47 trillion dollars.. ok, i,ll include the Rogue but only above tidewater.........

sounds like a good scene for a movie called "a river ran amuck through it"

Comment

would an octopuss work caught at the Ghosthole? a BIG octopuss?

Comment

Originally posted by sidehillwinder View Post
                would an octopuss work caught at the Ghosthole? a BIG octopuss?
                I will give someone $5 buck for that.. becouse I want someone to win SOMETHING here!

Comment

oh crap... hey Pautzkes, I just remembered I don't use roe for steelhead.. why? BECOUSE THEY WILL EAT YARN FROM MY GRANDMAS BASEMENT IDIOTS!

Comment

Yeah, that promo is weak. and cheap. about like Cabela's prize this past summer. a million dollars for a bass or trout caught with the right tag. the 1,000,000 was to be paid out over 50 years. Fifty years!

Comment

FIFTY YEARS! Egadzooks. G'night Brad.

Comment

why do these companies have to jerk my friends around? it hurts me to watch-

Comment

oh crap... hey Pautzkes, I just remembered I don't use roe for steelhead.. why? BECOUSE THEY WILL EAT YARN FROM MY GRANDMAS BASEMENT IDIOTS!
                          rofl my motha ******* arse OFF!

That reminds me, gotta call granny!
                          There is no head like Steelhead

Comment

Originally posted by sidehillwinder View Post
                            Yeah, that promo is weak. and cheap. about like Cabela's prize this past summer. a million dollars for a bass or trout caught with the right tag. the 1,000,000 was to be paid out over 50 years. Fifty years!
                            Seriously? Do you know what that works out to be!!!

$1,000,000.00 / 50 years = 200,000.00 per year

$200,000 per year / 12 months in a year = $1,666.67 per month

Normally you get paid twice per month, unless you work for the state or some other once a month company. So......

$1,666.67 per month / 2 times per month = $833.34 per check twice a month.

Two week pay period

$833.34 / 2 weeks = $416.67 per week

40 hour work week

$416.67 / 40 = $10.42 per hour.

The math don't lie!!!!

-Spydey
                            My Favorites quotes:

Life has no smooth road for any of us; and in the bracing atmosphere of a high aim the very roughness stimulates the climber to steadier steps, till the legend, over steep ways to the stars, fulfills itself.
                            -W. C. Doane

Arguing with a fool proves there are two.
                            Doris M. Smith

More to come .......

Comment

Ummm...Spydey...If I'm not mistaken...

I do believe that your calculations are OFF by a bit.

If you receive $200,000.00 for 5 years, you would have the 1 million (200 x 5). So, the winner would only get $20,000.00 per year (1,000,000 / 50).

But, you still came up with the correct figure for a monthly receipts anyway ($1,666.67). How did you do that???

:think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think:
                              Last edited by troutdude; 10-07-2011, 06:30 AM.
                              IF IT'S GOT A FIN--PUT IT SAFELY BACK IN!

Comment

these promos are nothing more then scams,,,just like the 1million dollar cabelas fish,,there is no such fish.
                                “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.”
                                Martin Luther King Jr

Comment

In my 34 years of steelhead fishing I have become a firm believer that steelhead prefer strawberry jello....I'm not kidding!!!
                                  Defy the laws of tradition!!!

Comment

Originally posted by troutdude View Post
                                    Ummm...Spydey...If I'm not mistaken...

I do believe that your calculations are OFF by a bit.

If you receive $200,000.00 for 5 years, you would have the 1 million (200 x 5). So, the winner would only get $20,000.00 per year (1,000,000 / 50).

But, you still came up with the correct figure for a monthly receipts anyway ($1,666.67). How did you do that???

:think: :think: :think: :think: :think: :think:
                                    Opps, my bad. I meant to type in 20,000.00 in both instances above, but typed in 200,000.00. Yet I calculated everything by 20,000.00 on my calcamapater. Just a little typo on my end.

but still, that is crazy that they expect to have people chasing fish for a promo that really doesn't exist (the fish doesn't exist) or is near impossible to catch.

the things some companies will do just to get a buck. What ever happened to good old elbow grease, a good name that was earned by good hardwork, honest customer relationship and service, as well as a sound product. Oh how priorities have changed in just the last 50 - 60 years. Sad, so sad. :(

-Spydey
                                    My Favorites quotes:

Life has no smooth road for any of us; and in the bracing atmosphere of a high aim the very roughness stimulates the climber to steadier steps, till the legend, over steep ways to the stars, fulfills itself.
                                    -W. C. Doane

Arguing with a fool proves there are two.
                                    Doris M. Smith

More to come .......

Comment

Crap! I'm out off the running because I don't even know how to use the stuff.
                                      Business hours subject to change during fishing season.

WOO CARP!!!!!
                                      CRC: # 4

Comment

No joke.
                                        • Note: Changes to salmon regulations for the ocean, bays, coastal
                                        rivers and the Columbia River system (page 94-97) are printed in
                                        May and are available at ODFW offices or from license agents.
                                        Check for new regulations before you fish.

Do me, and you a favor

Comment

Most Popular

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                        Started by Kage, 07-28-2016, 06:56 PM
                                        8 responses
                                        0 likes
                                        Last Post DrTheopolis  
                                        Started by thelibrarian, 08-02-2016, 12:35 PM
                                        6 responses
                                        0 likes
                                        Last Post Artwo
                                        by Artwo

Started by Michael Holley, 08-07-2016, 06:42 PM
                                        2 responses
                                        0 likes
                                        Last Post plumbertom  
                                        Started by Kage, 05-06-2016, 01:31 PM
                                        30 responses
                                        0 likes
                                        Last Post ibryce
                                        by ibryce

Started by nowimdun, 08-03-2016, 08:53 AM
                                        0 responses
                                        0 likes
                                        Last Post nowimdun  
                                        Working...
                                        X