sandy river steeelhead!

B
boberdown
caught a buitiful 10 lb hen today upper river! well right before this fish i belive i hooked a summer fish??? crome belly bright and lost it... but this fish was a blast she actuly really faught hard and almost took me down the white water but i stopper her, and she was nice and bright! full of eggs bonus!!!so there in cure already...sorry no pics some one stole my camera out of my car... so i have to buy a new one.... 3 young guyscame up to me and said they were stuck in mud so i packed up and went and pulled them out... wanted to pay me money but i said no and just to pay it forward!! anyway there are some winters up in the marmont area still and they are crome!!!dont give up on the sandy yet guys!!!:D

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice! Nice! And Nice!

M
Moe
Really nice!! I am headed there tommarrow, you have really inspired me and given me hope now!!

B
bigdog
Nice work out there but when are we going to see some pics? All the fish teasing and no pics thats not fare.

Last edited:
E
eggs
Good job.... sandy is doing well.. I got into a nice summer.. until the nice guy fishing next to me snagged my line and was pullin on it and cut my line...

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
bobberdown;
You are on fire lately! :cool: Congrats on what sounds like a great fish! You are getting a lot of fisher folk excited to get out on the Sandy.

bigdog;
Guess we'll have to use our imagination until he can replace the stolencamera...;-)

eggs;
So...can the jerk still chew his own food?! }8-(

B
boberdown
Raincatcher said:
bobberdown;
You are on fire lately! :cool: Congrats on what sounds like a great fish! You are getting a lot of fisher folk excited to get out on the Sandy.

bigdog;
Guess we'll have to use our imagination until he can replace the stolencamera...;-)

eggs;
So...can the jerk still chew his own food?! }8-(

eggs is the key! plus we lost a couple on fresh sandshrimp! my eggs i do in the spawn sacks the size of a nickle, i wrote a nice article on this a while back i am 100% confident that when the steelhead gets these in his mouth that they get caught in there teeth and helps u recognize the bite! and i ahave been really successful using these, anyway blood rock and up abouve that and then up at marmont are still on fire but take a variety of stuff eggs,prawns from bc bait co.,sand shrimp, smaller spinners too! last resort key! orange and white yarn especialy the white w/your bait:D

C
Cohosanders
I just replied to the other post before this one so I must say again great reporting and great attitude. I have not given the Sandy that much love this season and she has given me none since last October. Better get back there.

B
bigdog
Cohosanders said:
I just replied to the other post before this one so I must say again great reporting and great attitude. I have not given the Sandy that much love this season and she has given me none since last October. Better get back there.

Yeah seems the sandy has been spitting some fish out lately. I wish I would have made more trips to it for the winters then I did. Oh well think it;s getting to late for that now. Time to start gearing up and chace some springers.

CJ