It has started!!

B
bd2cool
Two spring salmon over the falls!! :)

Reactions: KCox
K
killigan
May 4th, 315 Spring Chinook went over the falls. Nice to see them making the move up river, was starting to think they might not show at all. Will be interesting to see how the Steelhead run turns out this year also.

Reactions: bd2cool
B
bd2cool
I have been checking my gear since January! I will start checking my spots on the 15th - so hoping Monday will show good numbers!

troutdude
troutdude
For springers on the S. Santiam; May 15th has historically been--the time to get out there. Good luck, to all.

B
bd2cool
1,936 over the falls

K
killigan
NICE! This is an encouraging sign for us up river. Glad to see the sea lions didn't get them all at the falls. Also, nice to see a few summer steelhead make the jump over the fall as well! 66 Jack Chinooks on the same day too!

B
bd2cool
:D

K
killigan
Almost 10,000 adult Chinook over the falls so far. The flow dropped back down and the fish made their move up river. Near record on Monday with 3,272 adults going over in one day. Steelhead numbers are slowly improving, my fingers are crossed.

hobster
hobster
1547 on Tuesday, great to see considering there were 8 a few days before last Friday. Flow dropped and water temp went up a few degrees which helped a lot. Steelhead numbers are still disconcerting (and that's all I care about :D) I wish they had big boosts. A couple of 50+ days Monday and Tuesday but numbers are still way too low. Fingers crossed is right buddy!