Siltcoos limit...

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I didn't see any other boats catching fish today but I put a 'Siltcoos limit' on the kayak by noon (and had to release 2 more jacks before tagging a 31" shiny hen)....first adult salmon on the yak with Pepper riding shotgun with me; we had a great day out on the water...cheers, roger

opxOJqO.jpg

hard to believe they grow so much in just one more year but that is the power of the ocean!

Oc0Gao5.jpg

Reactions: bd2cool, Admin and Markk
hobster
hobster
Right on Roger, you're killin it this year! I'm so busy with work for the next month no time to fish, but it will be timed perfectly. Winter steelheadin soon my friend :thumb:

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
hobster;n600084 said:
Right on Roger, you're killin it this year! I'm so busy with work for the next month no time to fish, but it will be timed perfectly. Winter steelheadin soon my friend :thumb:

can't wait, I've got eggs coming out the Wazzu!

TheKnigit
TheKnigit
Congrats!!! That is one happy lookin pup :)

G
Gulfstream
nice!

troutdude
troutdude
Shiny! Enjoy.

P.S. Looks like Pepper, may also contain a little salt too! ha ha Beautiful dog.

H
Hookset
Great job Rodger. Thanks for the great reports.

Fishnbuck
Fishnbuck
Rodger, are they clipped/hatchery fish? I am not trying to start any debates or arguments, I don't have a lot of exposure to wild fish, so still trying to learn the distinction. TIA

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Fishnbuck;n600182 said:
Rodger, are they clipped/hatchery fish? I am not trying to start any debates or arguments, I don't have a lot of exposure to wild fish, so still trying to learn the distinction. TIA

good question: they are wild coho, Siltcoos and Tahkenitch lakes have special wild coho seasons under permanent regulations, Oct1 to Dec31, 1 wild jack and 1 wild adult may be retained per day with a total seasonal limit of 5 wild adults (2W) on your combined angling tag. Also during this wild coho season, the 2 rod license is not valid on these lakes, 1 rod per person. And to get daily limit, you must retain the jack first, since the zone rules are "4. Anglers may not continue to angle for jack salmon or trout after retaining a limit of adult salmon or steelhead."

it is actually not legal in these lakes to retain any chinook (wild or fin clipped) or to retain a fin clipped coho (none of these other fish ever seem to wander into these lakes so this quirk in the regulations is just that, a quirk).

cheers, roger

Last edited:
Reactions: Fishnbuck