Finally got settled and look'n for fishing pals

T
taconight2night
Hi OFFers! I recently moved to Vancouver WA from Eugene, OR and am finally settled and am itching to go fishing! I haven't been in months... I realize that this whole Columbia gorge thing is a daunting scape that I'm not sure I want to conquer alone. I've have good success with finding fishing buddies on the OFF in the past so I figured I'd give it a shot again. So... who wants to go fishing with me? I have a 4x4 vehicle (no hitch yet) and Friday, Sat, Sundays OFF. Pitch in on some gas and lets hit the road. If it matters, I'm 34 years old, love home brew, Nirvana, and fishing so if we'd get along lets find some fish.

Reactions: Ikijime
M
mrdrifter
New here too with a lot of experience on salmon/steelhead around the great lakes. Starting to explore and get out with some success. What's your plan?

B
BaldTexan
Just an FYI....the Columbia is closed to salmon/steelhead fishing the remainder of the year. Explore the tribs. I'm not familiar with the tribs in the gorge but I would expect there are plenty that have salmon and steelhead now.

T
taconight2night
mrdrifter;n599711 said:
New here too with a lot of experience on salmon/steelhead around the great lakes. Starting to explore and get out with some success. What's your plan?

My plan is to start researching where and when the fish show up and start exploring. I have a reliable rig, good gear. and I know how to catch fish. I just don't know where and when yet. This gorge and it's tribs seem a bit daunting at the moment. I'm used to a short drive where I could consistantly hook fish; it was easy. Not sure the big C is like that... I am really looking forward to steelhead season coming up and hope to nail down some good spots.

T
taconight2night
BaldTexan;n599749 said:
Just an FYI....the Columbia is closed to salmon/steelhead fishing the remainder of the year. Explore the tribs. I'm not familiar with the tribs in the gorge but I would expect there are plenty that have salmon and steelhead now.

Hey thanks. A good reg reminder is always appreciated :thumb:

D
DrTheopolis
If you've still got your Oregon license, it seems the Sandy has your name written all over it.

T
taconight2night
DrTheopolis;n599776 said:
If you've still got your Oregon license, it seems the Sandy has your name written all over it.

:thumb:

D
DrTheopolis
Obviously depends on what part of Vantucky you're in, but it's a pretty short jaunt, and it has fish year-round.

D
deadnbrkn84
Taco Night - you ever have any luck?