Jumpin jack flash.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
getsdwyz;n599722 said:
caught two on Saturday 19incher and a 20

shiny!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
had me some fun on Thursday...after losing 2 adults and a jack, I found a feisty 30" 13# buck that made some serious power runs and pulled me around up at the top of the Maple Creek arm...Outrageous Orange spinner getting it done again...cheers, roger

hi5mkoJ.jpg

Reactions: getsdwyz and killigan
K
killigan
Look at that chrome beauty! Nicely done roger. Will be there Saturday giving the "Bad Boy" a try. :thumb:

G
getsdwyz
Nice fish Roger starting Saturday morning I will be there for the next 12 days having a little fun hopefully taking down a few nooks on the slaw too

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
No Title

Nice shiny one today!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
first OFF, good luck to everyone hitting the lakes soon...I am hoping for shiny outcomes, following the regs, for all!

Friday, I backed up yesterdays coho with the 32" 12# hen seen below, she pulled me around real good because for some reason, she really wanted to get back to the base of the bridge pilling, I moved the drag to 'stop a chinook' setting and she was still pulling me. I felt her getting into the rocks was a bad idea and used my Mirage drive and rudder to disappoint her...

Disclaimer: I did not catch it on the Outrageous Orange spinner, I did not catch it at Siltcoos, and, honestly, it is definitely not a coho!

kDSPZYj.jpg

Last edited:
G
Gulfstream
NICE!:thumb:

K
killigan
Spent 5 hours today on Siltcoos. The weather man said dress for rain; was he ever wrong! One of the nicest days I have spent on the water, not cold, not hot, mild wind, and fish being caught. Only down fall was the fish that decided to bite my lure were both undersized juveniles that swam off unharmed. One was without question a coho, but the second one I swear was a juvenile Chinook 12" in length. I was not aware of Chinook entering Siltcoos? Rogerdodger, is there a population of Chinook that spawn in the creeks of Siltcoos? All in all it was a nice day, saw 4 adults netted, two were out of my buddies boat while trolling plugs with his family along the railroad trestle heading towards Maple Creek arm. Cheers and tight lines.

R
rippin fish lips
Is there anywhere to bank fish in any of these arms? I have a window from 10am to dark tomorrow. No boat, I was thinking about scouting some midcoast streams for winter time fishing, but if I can bank it and relax with a chance at casting at a coho of any size, I would much rather do that!! Thanks guys for the help, either way ill be driving around seeing what I can find

O
ok doke
I had one happy 8 year old grandson just outside of Fiddle cr on Saturday. "My 1st salmon ever".
State Trooper checked us at the dock and made him a honorary police officer. Had to stop at BJs on the way back to town.
Great day 49aba213ce9d5e224ebee26f3a19c96e.jpg

Reactions: killigan
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
ok doke;n599841 said:
I had one happy 8 year old grandson just outside of thistle cr on Saturday. "My 1st salmon ever".
State Trooper checked us at the dock and made him a honorary police officer. Had to stop at BJs on the way back to town.

that is outstanding!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
killigan;n599832 said:
Spent 5 hours today on Siltcoos. The weather man said dress for rain; was he ever wrong! One of the nicest days I have spent on the water, not cold, not hot, mild wind, and fish being caught. Only down fall was the fish that decided to bite my lure were both undersized juveniles that swam off unharmed. One was without question a coho, but the second one I swear was a juvenile Chinook 12" in length. I was not aware of Chinook entering Siltcoos? Rogerdodger, is there a population of Chinook that spawn in the creeks of Siltcoos? All in all it was a nice day, saw 4 adults netted, two were out of my buddies boat while trolling plugs with his family along the railroad trestle heading towards Maple Creek arm. Cheers and tight lines.

nope, no chinook come into Siltcoos. how about a Siltcoos SRC? shiny silver with spots on the whole tail? like these 3:

BoMeHOT.jpg

K
killigan
rogerdodger;n599845 said:
nope, no chinook come into Siltcoos. how about a Siltcoos SRC? shiny silver with spots on the whole tail? like these 3:

I'm now thinking that it was just a coho that had a chinook look to it. It looked different than the SRC that I have caught or seen. The spots on the top of its back were big and spread out just like the juvenile springers that I sometimes catch by accident on the Middle Fork of the Willamette. Wish I could have taken a picture, but I try to get wild fish released as soon as I can. Thanks for the info sir!

hobster
hobster
rippin fish lips;n599838 said:
Is there anywhere to bank fish in any of these arms? I have a window from 10am to dark tomorrow. No boat, I was thinking about scouting some midcoast streams for winter time fishing, but if I can bank it and relax with a chance at casting at a coho of any size, I would much rather do that!! Thanks guys for the help, either way ill be driving around seeing what I can find

Hey Tanner, good to see you on the river the other day. The only bank spot I know is the river entering the lake from the ocean, there is a park there and plenty of bank fishing. It's hit or miss, if they are moving in it can be great fishing.

hobster
hobster
ok doke;n599841 said:
I had one happy 8 year old grandson just outside of thistle cr on Saturday. "My 1st salmon ever".

Most excellent picture! Love it :thumb:

K
killigan
Hooked Up
Hooked Up
That is one happy kid! Memories for a lifetime.

Reactions: playhooky
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
rippin fish lips;n599838 said:

Tanner- I think there is some shore access up at the top (good area) of Fiddle Creek arm but it is a long drive around the back of the lake, past ADA Resort, where I put the red star on this map, the road goes along the shoreline for a bit and I assume you could park and cast from shore along there but I do not know that for sure.

LdIQiC1.jpg

K
killigan
getsdwyz;n599798 said:
I will be there for the next 12 days having a little fun hopefully taking down a few nooks on the slaw too

Hope the fishing has been good for you! Have you had any luck getting an adult coho out of Siltcoos yet? I'm going out Saturday for one last try this year at an adult, or a jack if that's what happens. Cheers

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
Did anyone see the guy on the inflatable pontoon Saturday on siltcoos? that guy was killing it!