Rivers are dropping

T
TimberTodd
Im watching the gauge for the Wilson hoping it will be closer to 6' in the morning. If its still high I might venture towards the Kilchis. Anyone else gonna chase fish tomorrow?

D
Dustin0718
Ill be hitting siltcoos or siuslaw tomorrow. Siuslaw is doubtful as it has yet to crest for the last time in mapleton, still above 9 feet. Siltcoos looks good though. out of curiosity where are good places to fish the wilson river from the bank for chinook? Ive never fished there and may put that on the check list while the siuslaw continues at unreasonable flows.

T
TimberTodd
Dustin0718;n599569 said:
Ill be hitting siltcoos or siuslaw tomorrow. Siuslaw is doubtful as it has yet to crest for the last time in mapleton, still above 9 feet. Siltcoos looks good though. out of curiosity where are good places to fish the wilson river from the bank for chinook? Ive never fished there and may put that on the check list while the siuslaw continues at unreasonable flows.

Jordan Cr. is the deadline for salmon. The Wilson has TONS of turnouts leading to the river, though some are better steelhead holes.

hobster
hobster
Siuslaw is still too high, 9.5 feet and still rising right now. I was going to try the Mac today for summers since I got one last week but it is 7 ft which is kinda high. Hope to hit Siltcoos with Roger later this week, rivers around here are still tough to fish.

S
sapo
I'm thinking of waiting for the weekend, the weather looks nicer...Todd, PM me if you get any chums on the Kilchis, I'm wanting to hit the Miami just not sure if any fish are in yet.

T
TimberTodd
sapo;n599573 said:
I'm thinking of waiting for the weekend, the weather looks nicer...Todd, PM me if you get any chums on the Kilchis, I'm wanting to hit the Miami just not sure if any fish are in yet.

I will let you know if I head that way. It looks like the next system is going to arrive earlier than originally predicted for tomorrow.

T
TimberTodd
The gauge is showing 6.8' this morning, so still too high for me. Think I will take the boat out to Hagg.

K
K man
I plan on fishing on the Wilson tomorrow morning and Friday morning. Coming from Forest Grove, what's the farthest away from Tillamook I could be? Any opinion on if it will be good conditions. Thanks

Casting Call
Casting Call
sapo;n599573 said:

Just got word through my fishing network to hit the miami on the next drop around the 24th. I'll be there. Tony

D
Dustin0718
I check multiple rivers from florence on up. The best conditioned river i found was the yachats river, oddly enough. Sat into one nice hole and had 2 take down before landing a 27" nook within 10 minutes of arrival. It was fairly dark (the meat was still perfect despite this). Good fight never the less!
IMG_0058.JPG
It's a shame that the bag limit it only 1 per day there, Fish were rolling like crazy!
I'd head back tomorrow if i hadn't gotten my truck stuck at the bottom of a muddy hillside while scooping other rivers (why do they even make two wheel drive only trucks anyway?). I'm sure ill hit that hole friday after recovering my truck thursday, since the siuslaw and wilson both look to be up for awhile.

C
CrazyCaptainWillie
Always scoped the Yachats while driving by - do you fish right out of the tide or up a ways a bit?

C_Run
C_Run
You can watch the locals fish off the rocks at high tide. Just drive up the river rd. and you can find some publicly accessible spots and a lot of private property.

D
Dustin0718
C_Run is correct. plenty of turn outs and plenty of good deep pool for the chinook to spawn in. i was fishing up the Yachats river a bit, probably 5 miles in. Ill be there friday again hope to limit quick again!

T
troutmasta
Fished in Tillimook Today and Wed. caught a 25 pound chum buck that was nickel chrome with sea lice and a few coho.

Wilson looked real fishy this afternoon, should be hot this weekend, not to mention, crazy crowded.

S
sapo
Casting Call Don't fish the Miami tomorrow, super slow today...not many fish around yet.

Casting Call
Casting Call
Sapo Thanks for the heads-up! Rec'd 6 reports, 3 ya's. 3 nay's. Gonna drop some pots at Garibaldi then head to a couple three holes, One of them being the first bend above the bridge on the Miami, run and gun them and head back for my 5 hour soakers. Should be home by 2:00pm. Look for my report. Tony

Casting Call
Casting Call
sapo;n599699 said:
Casting Call Don't fish the Miami tomorrow, super slow today...not many fish around yet.

I want to give a very respectful SHOUT-OUT on SAPO. I want to thank him for the extension of courtesy for the heads-up and to all the OFFer's that do the same. I know that it is appreciated by all fisherpersons.Tony

B
bubs
I lost a nook hen (Wilson tidewater) today while netting it (now trying to tell myself it was a bad dream) and caught one cuttie...

It looked great but was very slow. So many boats out, but mine was the only hookup in the area I could see (usually I see many hookups there). Heard of a few caught but wow, it should have been better..maybe tomorrow!

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Floated from Mills to Sollie with about 1000 of my closest friends. Saw one fish lost at Mills and three more netted on the river. I lost our only hook up, several massive head shakes and fish OFF. Wish I could get out during the week!

D
DrTheopolis
4 of us fished the Bay (all of it except the jetties) from 2 boats pretty much from sunrise to sunset. Saw a couple caught at Memaloose early in the morning, then spent much of the day at the Ghost Hole, along with a few hundred of our closest friends. Only saw a couple caught, and very few on the fish finder. Buddy lost one at the boat at the end of the day in the Trask tidewater.

I was shocked how slow it was. Apparently, Friday and Sunday were a little better. But for Tillamook in October, it's slooooowwwww. Should be like shooting fish in a barrel, but it's not.

I'm still holding out hope, though. Hooked Up should have seen dozens of fish caught in that stretch, and the Ghost Hole should have had a net flying constantly.