Coquille River report

TheKnigit
TheKnigit
This is a second hand report from last week (Wednesday I think).

My Dad, Grandpa, and Uncle all took the drift boat out to the Arago boat launch on the Coquille. They ended up putting 3 in the boat trolling spinners. 2 nice hens and a buck. 1 chromer and 2 a little darker. All three have so far cooked up amazing and made it hard to sit at the office.

The were trolling blue fox spinners, I am not sure about the color. Landed three and lost another three for the 2'ish hours they were out there.

• photo30824.jpg
  • photo30825.jpg
Reactions: Troutski and Admin
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
that is outstanding.

Chromatose
Chromatose
:thumb:

Admin
Admin
TheKnigit;n599328 said:
The were trolling blue fox spinners, I am not sure about the color.

What about the size?

TheKnigit
TheKnigit
Anatoliy;n599337 said:
What about the size?

Got a little bit more information. The lures were #5 Blue Foxes. Both I believe had silver blades, one had a purple body and the other was some sort of black sparkle silver fleck. I was kind of bummed I didn't get to go. It was the first salmon my uncle had ever caught and they broke my Pappy's dry spell of a couple of years.

Reactions: troutdude and Admin
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
TheKnigit;n599342 said:
Got a little bit more information. The lures were #5 Blue Foxes. Both I believe had silver blades, one had a purple body and the other was some sort of black sparkle silver fleck. I was kind of bummed I didn't get to go. It was the first salmon my uncle had ever caught and they broke my Pappy's dry spell of a couple of years.

that is so cool that they got on a big patch of biting fish, I've hit that some days on coho but not kings...Blue Fox has out new "Candyback Finish" versions and the one that really got my attention has a black/sparkle body, silver blade with black on the bottom half, and the blade back is a real UV neon chartreuse. I am expecting big things from this spinner very soon...

Last edited:
H
Hookset
Thank you for sharing and great report.

O
OnTheDrop
The ol' boys face in Orange is so priceless...Love it!