B-10 reports

Irishrover
Irishrover
B-10 is in full swing now. Lots of boats and folks down here. The fishing is not red hot yet, but it still early. Mrs. Irishrover and were able to land a chinook each yesterday. She brought in a nice 38" fish and I was luck enough to pick up a Rogue stock bright. We landed both fish with our lucky pink hoochie rig fishing a flasher deep with 20oz of lead. We caught both fish on the incoming tide between b-29 and B-33 on the north side of the green line. The fishing should pick up and turn crazy hot in a week.

I tried to post a picture of the fish and got this message "Image upload failed because the extension of this file did not match the content." No idea what this means. That fish matched just perfect.

Reactions: bd2cool, BaldTexan and Admin
troutdude
troutdude
Not real sure; but I upload in J-PEG format (.jpg) without any issues. Can you re-save the pic; with that file extension?

Irishrover
Irishrover
The only file extension I know about is the wooden one I put on the end of my metal files. Really no idea what a file extension is. I do know about jpg. I'll take a look.

E
eugene1
Good going on the easy limits.

Irishrover
Irishrover
It has turned out to be a very slow year so far for B-10 fishermen. People are picking fish at a much lessor rate than has happened in the past. I'm not sure what is going on but checking the counts at Bonneville Dam showed that 15,191 chinook have crossed the dam. That is less than 10% of the August 2015 total of 153,000+ fish. The up side is we are quite a ways from hitting the wild tule impact number. I'm hoping that the other 90% of the run shows up soon.

B
BaldTexan
No kidding on the slow year. My first trip to B10 and only witnessed 3 nets fly for the multitude of boats trying. We had 2 hook ups and none to the boat in 2 full days of fishing. A lot of long bored faces on boats. Sure hope the run comes in soon as predicted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Irishrover
Irishrover
From all accounts it was another slow day yesterday. Today is the middle of the month and from years of fishing down here it should be hot fishing. The prediction was for close to a million chinook to enter the Columbia in the fall run. Something is either holding the fish up or the estimates were off by a long shot. I know it's not the water temps in the river we are colder than the last two years, and in those years we had an abundance of fish. Headed out there tomorrow, only because the ocean is to bumpy and getting worse in the next few days.

MrGrumpFish
MrGrumpFish
I don't fish B 10 but I thought I would post for 3 of my buddies that spent as many as 4 days there through the weekend and the last coming back yesterday. 2 boats with zeros and one with 2 fish in 4 days. Very slow.

D
DrTheopolis
FWIW, I heard second/thirdhand reports (although they're quite reliable -- big name guides and stuff) that it was quite hot just outside in the ocean Tuesday.

My report would be from Wednesday in the Troutdale area -- even on a 2000 Bonneville fish count day, there wasn't too much in the way of nets coming out of their holders. Heck, a month ago, on days with counts about 800, I was getting takedowns. Yesterday... the final boat count for takedowns was... zero. But at least the weeds were tolerable. Don't see me and my buddy going out in the next few days, since we like to put in a full day, and it was hot Wednesday in an open boat, so I think the next few days are out (and the splash-and-giggle crowd sucks on weekends -- you'd think people who bought a boat that was designed to make as large a wake as possible for wakeboarding would be considerate of people on anchor... and you'd think wrong -- they'll do doughnuts right next to you).

Just about every run has been late the last couple of years (and we all panic), so I don't see why the Columbia Fall Boys should be any different.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Yes Tuesday was a good day in the Ocean. We ran out 6 miles past the CR entrance buoy to get out coho. We had to sort through a bunch of natives to get them. Then the Coast Guard came on channel 16 and announced the bar was deteriorating so we slipped back in. The ocean now is not a place to fish as it has a small craft advisory up. Big winds with the hot weather in the valley. Hope the river fishing picks up.

S
supertodd
Draged my boat to Hammond for the very first time this past week. (I live in S. OR) On tuesday, 5 of us caught five chinook and 2 hatchery coho. Wed we got skunked, only had two hits and that was it. Guess thats why they call it fishing c and not catching.

Irishrover
Irishrover
It's been a very strange year here at B-10 and the ocean too. Very slow no real big outburst of bent rods all day long. In the past few years we have seen multiple boats with fish on in one spot. The crazy thing is there are plenty of fish moving through and the fish counts are very similar to last years counts at Bonneville Dam. We got two fish today on orange and white size 7 blade fishing the bottom with lead above B-44.