Nice big salmon wins 'Tuna Classic'

Admin
Admin
Koby Bryant caught the biggest salmon - 28.4 pounds officially - during the weekend fishing tournament deemed the "Salmon Classic". "It feels like $2,000" Bryant joked when asked how it felt to catch the winning fish. Bryant, who has caught salmon up to 56 pounds in the past, knew he had something heavy right away. "It went on a big run, then we saw a big flash. We just took our time," he said. The 40-inch fish was hooked on a live anchovy around the tide change on Friday and took 10 minutes to land. An active member of the Navy, Bryant was fishing in the tournament for the second year with Gus Forster, of Beaver, Oregon. Oregon Tuna Classic organizers switched the weekend' s goal to largest salmon after high seas made it unsafe for some participants to venture out to the tuna grounds.

AR-160739999.jpg

Reactions: billfisher and Raincatcher
hobster
hobster
So that's what he is doing in retirement from the Lakers :lol:

K
killigan
hobster;n597592 said:
So that's what he is doing in retirement from the Lakers :lol:

felix.gif
I didn't notice the name when I first read the article, funny stuff Hobs.

S
Steelheader4Life
I went to high school with Kobe and Gus was our principal. I still see them drifting the Nestucca every now and then. Nice fish guys!!

troutdude
troutdude
Good one Hobster! I had that same thought.

P.S. I bet that Kobe prays for lousy tuna seas, next year too!!!

hobster
hobster
I hate the Lakers by the way! LET"S GO BLAZERS!!!

Wonder how many times that dude has heard that, probably wants to change his name :D

Hey Brandon...............Thursday?