B-10 possible regulation change

Irishrover
Irishrover
Tomorrow ODF&W could very well change the Sunday Monday rule. That rule limits chinook retention to adipose fin clipped fish only. The rest of the week you may keep a non marked chinook or a left ventral fin clipped fish. The rule change would allow for the retention of all hatchery fish either vent fin or adipose fin clip. I'll be watching for the change. ODF&W staff recommend the change so it is likely to happen. I understand that a lot of sports fisherfolks asked for this change, as releasing hatchery fish just seemed a bit odd.

D
DrTheopolis
I might be going out to B10 for the first time ever soon.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Are you taking a boat or going with someone? If you have any questions about the place let me know. I live down here half the year.

D
DrTheopolis
I'll be going with others, and I sincerely appreciate the OFFer. The guys I'll likely be going with are pretty knowledgeable, and we'll have a bunch of pros (some well-known) on speed-dial. I'll go with the flow, and probably have a ton of questions for you after getting a taste.

As far as the policy -- it seems like a no-brainer change.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Ok hope you have a good trip. If you see a white 24' Offshore Duckworth with the name Teresa D plastered on the side give me a shout.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Here it is right from the Columbia Compact.........."Joint State Action
The states of Oregon and Washington discussed the following recreational fishery and took the following action:
Columbia River Fall Chinook Recreational Fisheries „h Effective August 1 through December 31, 2016 in the mainstem Columbia River from Buoy 10 upstream to Bonneville Dam, and when Chinook mark-selective regulations are in place: a hatchery Chinook is defined as having a clipped adipose fin or a clipped left ventral fin. Either clip must have a healed scar at the location of the clipped fin."

This is good news because we should be able to land hatchery fish. The folks at the joint DFWs listened to the sports fishermen and made the change. „
The left ventral clipped fin fish is from a Rogue River stock of chinook and return to Young's Bay. Next to a springer they are about the best table fare around for a chinook.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
updated regs are up at ODFW website:

" On days when Chinook retention is restricted to hatchery fish only, retained hatchery Chinook must have a clipped adipose fin or a clipped left ventral fin. Either clip must have a healed scar at the location of the clipped fin. The daily bag limit is two salmonids and may include up to one Chinook and one hatchery steelhead"