What is Green Peter looking like?

E
espencer757
Anybody done any Kokanee fishing up at GP the last few days. I would like to go up there this weekend and give it a go. Not sure what depth they are at or if they are hitting the troll or jigs. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

J
~JM~
Green Peter? :yikes:

Sounds like it might itch.

E
espencer757
You know. As I look at my post title, I am thinking I could have thought that out a little better. Please don't take offence, I really didn't mean it to sound dirty.

F
fish face
What is Green Peter looking like?

It's a lake in Oregon that has Kokanee, but that's not important right now. :D

F
fish face
By the way, someone told me that next to Green Peter is Yellow bottom.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
fish face said:
By the way, someone told me that next to Green Peter is Yellow bottom.

I thought Green Peter was next to Brown Bottom and Yellow Belly?

E
espencer757
Well, so I have to assume that, since I am not getting any serious replies to my Kokanee question, that nobody has been fishing GP, or they just don't want to share.

J
~JM~
Nobody wants to share until after you have a shot of Penicillin. :harhar:

C
Combat Chuck
The kokanee at GP are really small right now. Most people are going to Detroit or Odell for their fix. Thats why there is very little info out there.

F
fish face
yea, Green Peter small.

E
espencer757
Well, I'm going to give it a try this weekend anyway. I don't have the time to go farther. In regard to Odell, anyone ever fish it in an inflatable pontoon? I have heard the wind gets serious up there.

J
~JM~
fish face said:
yea, Green Peter small.

That's what Miss Piggy said!

E
espencer757
Ok raincatcher, please delete this thread, I found out what I needed.

E
espencer757
Oh, and boooooooooo.

E
espencer757
Well, I made a day of it. Put my pontoon in at witcomb Creek ramp early this morning and rowed back and forth around the bridge. When you all said the kokes were small, you were not kidding. The look like green label herring! I hooked about 15 fish, and if the were hooked in such a way I could just drop them off the hook without touching them the went back to the deep. I ended up keeping 5 of the little buggers because the were hooked on the eyeball or the hook ripped them up too bad. Also hooked 4 decent sized trout (10 to 12 inches).
The wind came up at noon really hard and gave me a serious workout trying to get back to the ramp.

J
~JM~
Sounds like a good time!

E
espencer757
Absolutely beautiful today. The back of my neck got really burnt. Right now I'm wiped out, in my recliner, watching major league fishing.

J
~JM~
I have a Sequel Sun Hat that I use when out in a kayak or canoe.

Sounds like they are hard to find these days, but worth having if you can locate one.

E
espencer757
I have sunscreen in my truck I didn't even think about putting on at 6 am. It is now in a pocket on my boat for future trips.