Odell jigging report

T
The Lucky Duck
Took a chance on a weather window Thursday, we had a nice day with calm winds. 3/4 of the lake was covered in ice at day break. By 10 it was mostly gone. We chased the fast moving shallow schools and had a blast. Lots of macks attacking the schools. Water temp was 36 in the mourning and 38 at 2:00. It should be a good year. Most fish were 12.5 to 13 inches. I can't wait to get the new boat and start guiding at Shelter Cove. It's going to be a good year.

• 72m.jpg
B
billfisher
Nice! That's the way to start off the year. Way to go Scott, can't wait to see your new boat!

Last edited:
C_Run
C_Run
Very nice. What are the road and parking conditions like now? Say, if a guy wanted to park and drag a kayak at Princess Cr., is that feasible now?

T
The Lucky Duck
C_Run said:
Very nice. What are the road and parking conditions like now? Say, if a guy wanted to park and drag a kayak at Princess Cr., is that feasible now?

Princess cr is still locked and snowed in. We launched at Shelter Cove, they have the road in good shape and keep the ramp plowed.

C_Run
C_Run
I've only been there once in the middle of summer but that picture makes me want to go.

J
Jonathan A
Shelter cove resort is still in snow removal/ site recovery at this time with limited RV/trailer sites available. I fished over the weekend of April 16th and 17th, only got about 20 over the two days jigging with two people on the west end. Water temp only 41, and surface temp reached 48 by sunset. Evening bite was the more productive time during these two warm sunny days. Fish size was decent 12 inch range. Looking forward to the next trip. Wishing I had the sonar that the Lucky Duck has!