Oregon crayfish limit question....

C
Crabbin503
So the regulations says 100 per day, 2 daily limits in possession. Having said that, does that mean my limit is 100 if I'm crayfishing by myself and 200 max total regardless of how many people are crayfishing with me?

C
Crabbin503
Just want to be sure I'm understanding this correctly.

C
Crabbin503
:peace:

EOBOY
EOBOY
Crabbin503;n603204 said:
So the regulations says 100 per day, 2 daily limits in possession. Having said that, does that mean my limit is 100 if I'm crayfishing by myself and 200 max total regardless of how many people are crayfishing with me?

sounds about right!

TheKnigit
TheKnigit
The way that I understand it is your daily limit is 100 no matter what, but you can only have 200 (2 daily limits) in your possession when in transit from the harvest location to cleaning. So if you and 2 buddies went crawdad-ding and for some reason they took a separate vehicle but you had all 3 limits with you, as you were headed home to cook/clean them, then you would be in violation. But if your buddies were in the same vehicle with you, then you would have the appropriate number of tags to divide the limits with and would be fine.

EOBOY
EOBOY
TheKnigit;n603212 said:
The way that I understand it is your daily limit is 100 no matter what, but you can only have 200 (2 daily limits) in your possession when in transit from the harvest location to cleaning. So if you and 2 buddies went crawdad-ding and for some reason they took a separate vehicle but you had all 3 limits with you, as you were headed home to cook/clean them, then you would be in violation. But if your buddies were in the same vehicle with you, then you would have the appropriate number of tags to divide the limits with and would be fine.

Page 88 in the regs is a form for transfer of fish and shell fish.........so no problem. I became aware of this 2 years ago, when Tanner had a friend on the boat one morning. His friend caught a fish but didn't want it. He went home at noon. We went fishing again and limited out. The cop at the ramp said you have 5 fish. He was pretty good about it and only gave a warning, but explained to us about the transfer page.

TheKnigit
TheKnigit
That is good to know that there is a form. I have always just left a note and my phone number with whoever had my fish.

EOBOY
EOBOY
I was looking at the 2016 regs , so the page may not be the same number.

K
KCox
My understanding off this has always been that if you were fishing/crawfishin late at night and caught your limit before midnight. Then the clock strikes midnight your limit starts over. If you were on an overnight boat trip or were fishing late at night. But could just be an Alaskan thing where the chances you would actually be fishing late at night due to extra sunlight in the summer.

EOBOY
EOBOY
KCox;n603262 said:
My understanding off this has always been that if you were fishing/crawfishin late at night and caught your limit before midnight. Then the clock strikes midnight your limit starts over. If you were on an overnight boat trip or were fishing late at night. But could just be an Alaskan thing where the chances you would actually be fishing late at night due to extra sunlight in the summer.

Hey if your sitting on a house boat in the middle of lake Billy Chinook that might work.:hi: