Foster perch

E
espencer757
Went to Foster reservoir today, started off trout fishing. Hooked many, but only got one in the ice chest. The wind picked up and made rowing my pontoon around the lake a bit tough, so I went up the Satiam finger and tried to catch some perch.
Ended loading my little cooler with 32 perch. Let loose many small ones. They were averaging about 8 to 10 in.
Got home and filleted them all out and then halved each fillet. Flower, egg and Italian panko and fried up a huge platter of popcorn perch. Mmmmmmm.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Admin
B
billfisher
Nice batch of Perch! good eating foe sure!

E
espencer757
I just wish they were bigger. I live in Albany, so I don't want to drive to far, but I wish I could find somewhere were they are plentiful and run about 12 inches or bigger. I was told Klamath lake is a good spot for good sized perch, but that is a long way away.

B
billfisher
Everyone has a dream! :harhar:

L
LingFace
espencer757;n596300 said:
Went to Foster reservoir today, started off trout fishing. Hooked many, but only got one in the ice chest. The wind picked up and made rowing my pontoon around the lake a bit tough, so I went up the Satiam finger and tried to catch some perch.
Ended loading my little cooler with 32 perch. Let loose many small ones. They were averaging about 8 to 10 in.
Got home and filleted them all out and then halved each fillet. Flower, egg and Italian panko and fried up a huge platter of popcorn perch. Mmmmmmm.

Was that the south or middle santiam? perhaps I am unclear on my geography. Did you follow qvill or 20?