Phenomenal (or should I say fin-omenal) carp fishing

M
mustardthetrout
Had an incredible day of carp fishing at one of my local lakes. It should be pretty obvious where it is based on the background. Otherwise, I will say no more as hardcore carp fishermen in the past have "expressed their discontent" about me giving fishing reports from these ponds. I encourage other people to fish these lakes and discover the great carp fishing as well, as long as they don't use bows. Bow fishing is great fun in larger lakes or river systems with inexhaustible supplies of carp, but in smaller lakes it does nothing but destroy the population. It's also illegal in many of the public park areas where these lakes are located, as shooting a bow qualifies as discharging a weapon. Below are some pictures of the fish I caught. There were even a couple double hookups. It must have been quite a sight to see me fighting a carp with a rod in each hand, and a crowd gathered around whenever this happened. A couple people even filmed me lol. Below are some of the pictures I took.

image_30329.jpgimage_30330.jpgimage_30331.jpgimage_30332.jpgimage_30333.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Iki Jime
M
montym
Love that park☺. Looks like you are having a real good time lately, awesome. How on earth do you handle a double man?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Artwo
Artwo
Very cool, nice fish............

A question, just curious, what do you do with the ones you keep?

You speak about sustainability above regarding the bow fishing, why not just release them back into the pond?

Again, just curious.......

M
mustardthetrout
Artwo said:
Very cool, nice fish............

A question, just curious, what do you do with the ones you keep?

You speak about sustainability above regarding the bow fishing, why not just release them back into the pond?

Again, just curious.......

I never said that I keep them...all the fish pictured above were released. In fact, I've never kept a carp. The photos that show two fish are just instances in which I hooked two at a time.

C_Run
C_Run
Is there anything you DON'T fish for? I saw some huge carp where I was doing my smallmouth fishing lately. Scary big ones.

Artwo
Artwo
mustardthetrout said:
I never said that I keep them...all the fish pictured above were released. In fact, I've never kept a carp. The photos that show two fish are just instances in which I hooked two at a time.

No worries, I just assumed (my bad) with them being on the shore for pictures that you had kept them...............

Still, some biggins you got there.............

bass
bass
Congrats on a monster day!

I have only fished that place in the winter since the weeds are so bad and I usually use my ultralight. Do you have a problem breaking off fish?

D
DrTheopolis
I can't even put a number on how many hours I spent fishing that end of that lake, since I grew up next to it. And I caught literally hundreds of carp there. There wasn't a fancy dock back then, since it's probably been around 30 years since I fished there.

I
Iki Jime
Did you use white bread for bait? corn?

M
mustardthetrout
Iki Jime;n596601 said:
Did you use white bread for bait? corn?

I used white bread and corn, although the latter received more attention.

D
Denduran87
That's awesome, didn't realize there were carp that size there.