Carp fishing near Eugene?

Joffurson
Joffurson
Hey. I'm a long time lurker on this forum and have got so much out of this site already. In all my years fishing, nothing's ever given me a fight like some of the carp I used to hook into in delta ponds. There used to be some MASSIVE fish in there. Anyway, I'm just wondering if there's anyone else who targets carp in this area, and if so where and what do you use? I've spent years now trying to hook into another one, but at this point I only know a handful of places to fish for them and they're quite a bit smaller than the ones I used to see in those areas. Thank you guys so much for everything and best of luck to you all!

troutdude
troutdude
Fern Ridge Reservoir, along the south side, has some dandy's. Also the Long Tom River, below the dam too. Good luck.

B
BaldTexan
I haven't fished for carp in decades but back in the day, we used to murder 'em with canned sweet corn. Cheap bait!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hobster
hobster
I was gonna say Delta ponds. Fished for carp for the first time last year, there are stilll some biggens in there!

T
Troutier Bassier
Delta Ponds and Long Tom river :thumb: Try corn but do not neglect using plain white bread!

M
MikePierce170
... or arrows. They LOVE arrows :D

B
BeaverQB
troutdude said:
the Long Tom River, below the dam too. Good luck.

Yup. That's what I was going to say. Good luck!

T
Thejigmaster
A