Kyak fishing in the weekdays

C
Christopher T Beland
Hey everybody, I am new to Oregon and bass fishing but really want to out in some hours petfectibg the craft. I usually fish out if a sit in kyak and need to find some good bass lakes around Eugene/Springfield. I have Wednesday and Thursday off. You guys can reach me on Facebook, My name is Christopher Beland, Tight Lines!

plumbertom
plumbertom
Only place around here I've caught largemouth is in Fern Ridge. There seems to be a good population of them even though they run on the small side compared to what I grew up fishing.
Most of the ones I've caught there, incidentally while fishing for crappie as I wasn't actually targeting bass, would be just barely legal in Californicate lakes.
Do you have wheels for your yak? I sold my Cobra last year as I've gotten too old for all that work, and cleaning out my shed I found the wheels for it.

Reactions: catphish
W
Willerman
There are a few lakes around the area that have good populations.. They can get windy though! Fern Ridge, as mentioned above, would be a good bet I hear - let us know if you go, I've been meaning to try it this year. Dorena and Cottage Grove lakes would also be a good bet. There is a pond you can see off of I5, about 15 miles south of Eugene, that looks juicy.

W
Willerman
Garden lake is the name of it, in the town of Creswell. Bond Butte, heading north on I5, also has a bass population.

C
catphish
i need wheels if he doesn't, and the price isn't bad.