Hillsboro

E
Emvalleybassman
Hey guys I'm gonna be working in hillsboro this week coming up from Eugene. Gonna bring a couple poles hoping someone could poiint me in the direction of some easy bank fishing. Don't know there area up there what so ever so any help would be much appreciated.

troutdude
troutdude
Three words: Henry Hagg Lake. Boom. It's very close, to Hillsboro. Just SW of Forest Grove. Two past state records, for smallies. Might be anohter one, with your name etched on it!

E
Emvalleybassman
I've heard really good things, easy bank fishing eh?

T
TimberTodd
troutdude;n605644 said:
Three words: Henry Hagg Lake. Boom. It's very close, to Hillsboro. Just SW of Forest Grove. Two past state records, for smallies. Might be anohter one, with your name etched on it!

Troutdude dude nailed it. There is a biking/hiking trail that circles the lake. You can also drive around the lake and hit a ton of stopping points. There is a $5.00 day fee that you can purchase at the entrance or at the LakeStop grocery.

Reactions: troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
TimberTodd;n605648 said:
There is a $5.00 day fee that you can purchase at the entrance or at the LakeStop grocery.

Actually as of July 1st, the daily fee rose to $7.00. Per the Hagg Lake facebook page.

T
TimberTodd
Sure glad I purchased the season pass at the first of the year.

M
montym
One more vote here for Hagg. Another option may be Clackamette Park, probably there are a few shad around still.

EOBOY
EOBOY
Hagg hagb.png

troutdude
troutdude
TimberTodd;n605653 said:
Sure glad I purchased the season pass at the first of the year.

Ha ha. No doubt! Didn't the season pass, double in price? Ain't nuttin' fo' free no mo'!

T
TimberTodd
If I remember correctly I paid about $65.00 for it at the first of the year. If they doubled that now Hagg will not be on my fishing list for next year.

troutdude
troutdude
TimberTodd;n605683 said:
If I remember correctly I paid about $65.00 for it at the first of the year. If they doubled that now Hagg will not be on my fishing list for next year.

I meant that I think it was doubled, from what it was prior to that. But maybe not. The new/current rate, is $60. So you're good.

E
Emvalleybassman
Thanks guys headed there right now will let y'all know the results shortly

E
Emvalleybassman
Well....not as productive as I would have liked. Didn't catch anything tried quite a few spots on the no wake side. Not sure where I went wrong, was pretty shallow couldn't find deep spots off the bank.

B
Basin'Assasin'78
Yeah... The bite has been tough this week. I bank fish from at boat ramp C and have been killing it but these last 2 evenings out I've been skunked.

F
FoFo44
TimberTodd;n605683 said:

Could you share where you bought your season pass? I've looked online how to get one and found nothing. And I have only ever seen the day pass on the kiosks at entry.

P
pinstriper
Lake Stop

troutdude
troutdude
[No message]

F
FoFo44
pinstriper;n606178 said:
Lake Stop
Awesome, thank you both for the response.