Bass fishin buddies.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass fishin buddies.

Not to sounds to corny, but I was lookin to see if anyone is down to do some bass fishing exploring around the Portland area. Bass fishing is not as fun by yourself. If anyone is interested just reply to the thread and we can figure this out.

I am open to new bass fishing partners. This is the best time of year to go after them, too. I am based out of Hood River and do most of my bass fishing from the banks of the Columbia. There is some great bank fishing to be had at times. Send me a private message to connect if you are interested in coming out this direction.

Comment

If I'm ever out that way I will definitely let you know!

Comment

I'm from Beaverton and I'm always down to go fish and try out new spots.

Comment

Originally posted by Aervax View Post
          I am open to new bass fishing partners. This is the best time of year to go after them, too. I am based out of Hood River and do most of my bass fishing from the banks of the Columbia. There is some great bank fishing to be had at times. Send me a private message to connect if you are interested in coming out this direction.
          I'm down to hit the banks one of these days with you.

Comment

Smallmouth in the Columbia are in prespawn staging areas waiting to move shallow to spawn as the water warms. A few are already being caught from the bank using crank baits, rattle traps, jigs tipped with plastic worms, and Senko style worms. One of the more obvious spots had 5 vehicles parked along the banks yesterday evening where I was walking my dog, and guys were walking around with a couple bass each on stringers. The bass bank bite is going to start heating up quickly as water temp rises another 4 degrees, and as either the next full moon, or new moon approaches. These are spawning triggers for all bass. A couple of warm days just before the next full or new moon and the bass bite will go nuclear. Fishing the right bank locations with the right tackle at that time can score 100+ fish days. We had several of those in April and May of last season, yes just parking the car and walking the bank. Most fish are in the 1-2lb range, with a handful running 3-5lbs. The top water bite really turns on now too, which is the pinnacle of my season. Nothing on the Columbia is more fun than smallies exploding on frogs and poppers on surface. That is what is in store for about a 4 week stretch of time that will really launch in the Gorge any day now. With the high cold water it is ready late. Bass fishing beginners, while the Gorge bass are shallow this is best time to get out and hook a few in order to get a feel for the right depth and retrieve as well as to learn what a bass bite feels like. They can be sneaky and spit a lure out without so much as a twitch on your line. It is the perfect time for children to catch fish as well. A simple bobber and nightcrawler will catch bass without kids having to figure out whether they are getting a bite. Just set it up on a regular old red and white bobber with the bait about a foot off the bottom. If you have kids, getem out there in late April and early May, darn it! Tight lines to you, without snags. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by Mattyonthebass View Post
              I'm from Beaverton and I'm always down to go fish and try out new spots.
              I live in gresham and I'm always looking for a partner let's hook up and try some spots brotha!

Comment

Originally posted by Insulatorkid View Post

I live in gresham and I'm always looking for a partner let's hook up and try some spots brotha!
                Sounds good. I'll message you my number.

Comment

After all that blathering and big talk this was the best I could do tonight. Even my dog was not impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by Aervax View Post
                    Smallmouth in the Columbia are in prespawn staging areas waiting to move shallow to spawn as the water warms. A few are already being caught from the bank using crank baits, rattle traps, jigs tipped with plastic worms, and Senko style worms. One of the more obvious spots had 5 vehicles parked along the banks yesterday evening where I was walking my dog, and guys were walking around with a couple bass each on stringers. The bass bank bite is going to start heating up quickly as water temp rises another 4 degrees, and as either the next full moon, or new moon approaches. These are spawning triggers for all bass. A couple of warm days just before the next full or new moon and the bass bite will go nuclear. Fishing the right bank locations with the right tackle at that time can score 100+ fish days. We had several of those in April and May of last season, yes just parking the car and walking the bank. Most fish are in the 1-2lb range, with a handful running 3-5lbs. The top water bite really turns on now too, which is the pinnacle of my season. Nothing on the Columbia is more fun than smallies exploding on frogs and poppers on surface. That is what is in store for about a 4 week stretch of time that will really launch in the Gorge any day now. With the high cold water it is ready late. Bass fishing beginners, while the Gorge bass are shallow this is best time to get out and hook a few in order to get a feel for the right depth and retrieve as well as to learn what a bass bite feels like. They can be sneaky and spit a lure out without so much as a twitch on your line. It is the perfect time for children to catch fish as well. A simple bobber and nightcrawler will catch bass without kids having to figure out whether they are getting a bite. Just set it up on a regular old red and white bobber with the bait about a foot off the bottom. If you have kids, getem out there in late April and early May, darn it! Tight lines to you, without snags. Haha
                    Thanks for the advice man! I haven't fished for bass too much in the rivers. Mainly stuck to ponds and lakes. I'll have to try this year!

Comment

Check in with me by private message in a week or 2. The bass bite from the Gorge bank is starting slow this year. It will take off as things warm up. Maybe we can fish together then. In the meantime, I would be focusing on Haag and other lakes and ponds right now. They warm up faster, so the bass move shallow sooner. It should be getting good in the Willamette Valley lakes and ponds about now. Go getem!

Comment

Working...
                      X