Starting the year OFF right.

T
Throbbit _Shane
photo31196.jpg

Fishing for me so far this year has been just about as dead as this forum lately. Thursday that changed for me dramatically. Not only did I catch a damn near 5lb smallie for my first fish landed of the year, about 45 minutes later I hooked and landed my personal best largemouth at 7lbs. The smallmouth might have been a PB as well, it's the biggest one iv put on a scale I'm just not sure it's bigger than one from a couple years I didn't get a weight on. Both came on a 5" swimbait, fish are starting to stage up for the spawn in ponds. It's time to beat up the banks! Big thanks to my friend Dave aka FinnieusPolebender for having me out on the pond and rowing my fat ass around! GDYSOB!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: KCox and Raincatcher
Chromatose
Chromatose
:thumb:

G
Gulfstream
Nice couple of fatties!

hobster
hobster
Nice fish! I plan on hitting the Qua this summer, didn't get out there last year. You always get the fatties :thumb:

Forum has actually picked up lately, nice to see.

C_Run
C_Run
Very nice start, Shane. Thanks for the report.

T
TimberTodd
Way to start the year Shane!

Reel_Deal
Reel_Deal
Holy Jebus! Nice fish! I hope to land some nice smallies on the Umpqua this year.

T
Throbbit _Shane
No Title

New personal best! Get out there and fish!

Reactions: Raincatcher and Admin
Aervax
Aervax
That is one spectacular Bass! Congratutions. How
heavy, swim bait, depth and speed? I am getting out this week for
sure.

T
Throbbit _Shane
It weighed in at 7.5lbs. It was on a soft 5" bluegill swimbait, my buddy put me onto it so id rather not say the name. We're in pontoons so not sure on depth or temperature. I'm just casting to structure and up on the banks, and working it slow.

Aervax
Aervax
Thank you for some inside track info. I will put it to use. I respect your limiting it to general info. That is as it should be done, especially where fishing
pal's info is concerned. If I get'em I will post it.