Warm water coming

S
Spartankidfishing
So I've been noticing the bass are starting to go deep.. what are you guys using? Any tip or tricks I've just been doing a drop shot and that seems to be what's working for me...

Reactions: Admin
hobster
hobster
Still need to hit the Umpqua for some smallies. I like to fly fish for em with my hand tied awful looking bugs :thumb: I'll look for em deep, thanks man

Reactions: Spartankidfishing
S
Spartankidfishing
I've always wanted go try fly fishing looks like so much fun

T
TheBigFoote
Well few ways I approach this time of year, I really like to drop shot any deep structure or docks in at least 10 foot of water, especially the edge of the weedline once the sun is high. I like using KVD dreamshots, yamamoto grubs, zoom floating worms or small shad imitations. Look for the thickest weeds you can find and fish right through them, ill use a jig n craw or a big worm, drop it right on their head. The challenge starts when you hook them, can be hard to get them out of the weeds but there is always some fish resting in the shade. My absolute favorite summer time bait is a big shad or sometimes called a fluke, for deeper water I like the generic cabelas brand, they are super beefy and they put the weight toward the bottom giving it a nice fall. I fish them weightless and twitch them. The can't resist it!

If you catch the early morning bite, I use topwater jerkbaits, frog lures or a popper if they really want some noise. A crank bait can be good too.

tbrinks
tbrinks
Can't beat a dropshot. Like others have said topwater in the morning and evening and then its finesse time.