Any bass in Silver Creek Reservoir outside of Silverton ?

S
shotgun
Any Bass in Silver Creek Reservoir outside of Silverton ? No is what I here most , but there are a few that say Yes , but they aren't the ones that caught them ....

Has anyone ... THENSELVES ... caught bass there ? Its a nice reservoir and looks real bassy ....
Thanks

B
backcountryhunter
It's mainly a trout fishery.

P
playhooky
I have actually caught bass while fly fishing for trout in the Silverton Reservoir. So yes, they are in there. I was casting a pheasant tail nymph as well as a possy bugger from my float tube directly across from the launch. Stay out a ways from the bank and cast in under the overhanging trees/brush. You will also find some structure in spots along that area in the form of submerged limbs of downed trees, root balls, etc. The bass that hit were all very small....roughly 4" fish. Since I was not targeting bass I actually quit fishing the afternoon this happened because once I got into them I couldn't keep them off my line. I've not gone back to that reservoir to specifically fish for bass but my guess there are some bigger ones to be caught in there.

S
shotgun
playhooky;n597161 said:
I have actually caught bass while fly fishing for trout in the Silverton Reservoir. So yes, they are in there. I was casting a pheasant tail nymph as well as a possy bugger from my float tube directly across from the launch. Stay out a ways from the bank and cast in under the overhanging trees/brush. You will also find some structure in spots along that area in the form of submerged limbs of downed trees, root balls, etc. The bass that hit were all very small....roughly 4" fish. Since I was not targeting bass I actually quit fishing the afternoon this happened because once I got into them I couldn't keep them off my line. I've not gone back to that reservoir to specifically fish for bass but my guess there are some bigger ones to be caught in there.

THANKS .... looks like I will just have to give it a try ... now that I know for sure there are bass there .... for sure ...

ooth23
ooth23
Anyone been out here recently? im fixing to get my canoe on some water and go bass hunting lookn for some new water to roam around in