Hagg sunset run?

B
Ballaholyk84
Was thinking about heading to Hagg tomorrow evening for a few hours to hit some Sunset time on the Toon. How's the Bass fishing in the evening time out there? Stick close to the dam? Never been out there besides early morning to mid day then usually head home.

P
pinstriper
Pay attention to the late afternoon wind. You could get blown all over the place in a pontoon in the strong wind like wednesday.

B
Ballaholyk84
pinstriper;n596609 said:
Pay attention to the late afternoon wind. You could get blown all over the place in a pontoon in the strong wind like wednesday.

Thank you for the heads up. Does it get pretty bad in the afternoon? Like I said, I've never been to Hagg in the afternoon. Maybe I'll try and find another place close by and do some bank drop shotting or something and leave the Pontoon for next weekend at Twin Lakes and Wikiup.

P
pinstriper
Ballaholyk84;n596614 said:
Thank you for the heads up. Does it get pretty bad in the afternoon? Like I said, I've never been to Hagg in the afternoon. Maybe I'll try and find another place close by and do some bank drop shotting or something and leave the Pontoon for next weekend at Twin Lakes and Wikiup.

Meh, on any given day. Go out, check it out, see what it looks like. Pay attention to what the weather sites say about the speed/direction of the winds in Forest Grove, and know what it looks like on the water at Hagg so you can make better decisions in the future. Go prepared for Plan B if it's too windy.

EOBOY
EOBOY
I was with Mark on wed. and you don't want to be on Hagg on a toon if there is any wind! I left in disgust.

J
JLSB Fishing
Hi I'm planning on going to Hagg for the first time soon. Any tips? What can I catch? Any secret spots? Hehe, and what lures work? Sorry for so many questions! Tight lines!

S
sapo
JLSB Fishing Ha since nobody bothered to respond to your post I'll give it a shot, ya hagg is a decent lake, at this point you probably wont catch many trout unless you're in a boat, especially with the hot weather coming up this week..For the bass and panfish use worms, lures etc if you're spin fishing but I've slayed on nymphs in there and I'm sure poppers would be work a shot. Work around the dock at boat ramp c, try the dam. lots of places to fish in there

W
WILD BILL
For the late afternoon wind how about a bow anchor and a stern anchor? Problem solved