Any other inflatable pontoon lip rippers?

B
Ballaholyk84
How's it going guys everyone? Been a long time lurker and deciding to post to try and find out if there are any other Inflatable Pontoon bass guys/gals here? I live in Beaverton. I've got a 9' with Lowrance Hook 5 and Minn Kota 34 trolling motor setup on mine. I've been hitting Hagg the last few weeks since I am just getting back into the swing of things GS. I also got my buddy to get the same setup I have sans the Finder. I'd love to maybe meet a few more and possibly get together for a trip sometime.

Adam

E
espencer757
Hey Adam, I got a pontoon several months ago and have been doing a lot of fishing with it. I'm not a bad fisherman in practice, but not too say I haven't caught a good share over the years. For the most part, a troll for trout and Kokanee, and later on I may drift the rivers for steelhead or salmon. I also have a hook 5 elite installed, but have not yes installed an electric motor on it. When I do, it will be modified to remote steer.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

E
espencer757
Wow, it is really hard to post using a phone with auto correct. Bad fisherman. No, I would like to say I'm a pretty fair fisherman, however what I tried to say was bass fisherman.

B
Ballaholyk84
espencer757;n596266 said:
Wow, it is really hard to post using a phone with auto correct. Bad fisherman. No, I would like to say I'm a pretty fair fisherman, however what I tried to say was bass fisherman.

Haha no worries. It's such a blast out there in the Pontoon for sure. Might try my luck this Sunday at Hagg trolling a little from spot to spot looking for Bass. The remote steering is definitely something I have thought about trying to design for it somehow. Would be nice to have either pedals or some type of hand controls. Although, I have the Swivel seat on mine which is actually pretty nice to use.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
espencer757;n596265 said:
Hey Adam, I got a pontoon several months ago and have been doing a lot of fishing with it. I'm not a bad fisherman in practice, but not too say I haven't caught a good share over the years. For the most part, a troll for trout and Kokanee, and later on I may drift the rivers for steelhead or salmon. I also have a hook 5 elite installed, but have not yes installed an electric motor on it. When I do, it will be modified to remote steer.

we all don't want you getting more tickets, so in addition to always carrying a PDF, don't forget to title and register your toon if you decide to use it in Oregon with any motor installed...cheers, roger
----------------------------------
Q: Do I need to register my small pontoon boat if it has a motor?
A:
Yes. Any watercraft with any type of motor must be titled and registered with the Marine Board.
A title is required in order to register.

1)obtain the manufacturer's statement of origin and/or bill of sale
2)obtain the application for boat title/registration
3)Submit to the Marine Board with required fees
---------------------------------

https://www.oregon.gov/OSMB/title-registration/Pages/Title-and-Registration-FAQs.aspx

Reactions: Ballaholyk84
B
Ballaholyk84
rogerdodger;n596276 said:
we all don't want you getting more tickets, so in addition to always carrying a PDF, don't forget to title and register your toon if you decide to use it in Oregon with any motor installed...cheers, roger
----------------------------------
Q: Do I need to register my small pontoon boat if it has a motor?
A:
Yes. Any watercraft with any type of motor must be titled and registered with the Marine Board.
A title is required in order to register.

1)obtain the manufacturer's statement of origin and/or bill of sale
2)obtain the application for boat title/registration
3)Submit to the Marine Board with required fees
---------------------------------

https://www.oregon.gov/OSMB/title-registration/Pages/Title-and-Registration-FAQs.aspx

Haha exactly. I registered mine before I had it built and had all my gear. Nothing like killing your day on the water with a ticket.

E
espencer757
Totally agree. I haven't decided to put a motor on it yet, but when I do, I will follow the rules. But dang! I hate the idea of paying Oregon to put a motor on an inner tube!

E
espencer757
Took the pontoon out to foster last Saturday. Although I only boosted one good sized trout, I hooked many. I think it was a fishy conspiracy. They came up to the boat just close enough to let me see them and then spit the hook at me. Grrrr.
the wind and water skiers hit the lake around 11. Wow what a ride. I decided to find cover by going up the Santiam finger. I tried up and managed to fill a small cooler with Yellow Perch. They weren't huge, but they weren't tiny either. About 10 inches. I filleted then and then cut up the fillets to make even smaller pieces. Flower, egg and Italian panko. Viola, popcorn fish. Yum.

Reactions: Ballaholyk84