Freeway Lakes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeway Lakes

I was driving by the Albany freeway lakes and found the road in. I have a small 17 foot bass boat. It looks like I can launch it fine, but can I get from lake to lake?

Yes

Comment

from the road it doesn't look like you can but there's underpasses and what not, i saw half a dozen guys there fishing yesterday, was a little suprised
      Check out my blog
      http://afarmerslife.com/

Comment

They might have been trout fishing. It was stocked about a month ago.

Comment

Caution: there is POISON OAK ALL AROUND THE UNDERPASS. As long as you don't get too close, you'll be okay.

If the peeps fishing yesterday were in the farthest lake to the east...they were likely trout fishing. Oak Creek flows into that lake, which adds oxygen that trout like. If they were in the farthest western lake, they were likely bass fishing (Oak Creek flows out only over there, so less oxygen). But, it's great bass water.
          IF IT'S GOT A FIN--PUT IT SAFELY BACK IN!

Comment

i live pretty close by there and i've never even been there lol
            Check out my blog

Comment

Originally posted by tomriker View Post
              i live pretty close by there and i've never even been there lol
              I drive by there 4 times a week on my way home from work and haven't fished it yet. I've thought about it. I've even stopped to check them out. The one day I brought my boat to work so I could fish after work I had to work late. Maybe this year I can convince myself to give it a try. That water is just double nasty to me. It'd probably leave a wonderful film on my pontoon. lol

Comment

well if you didn't catch n e thing you could just throw your toon in my pond and give it a shot we should hit it up sometime, FP says he has an extra toon i could bum, i've never fished from a toon before, would be... interesting
                Check out my blog

Comment

well if you didn't catch n e thing you could just throw your toon in my pond and give it a shot we should hit it up sometime, FP says he has an extra toon i could bum, i've never fished from a toon before, would be... interesting
                  Hmm, how can I pass up that invitation? That would be fun....you might like a toon.

Comment

The toon would be great at your place, I tell you that'll be alot of paddling. Or you can tow us along with your boat

Comment

i'd put my little 2h honda motor on it to get from place to place screw paddleing!
                      Check out my blog

Comment

Man and I just found out today I will be stuck here at Ft Lewis workin 12s all weekend ,with this warm weather you guys should hit it they might just be biting!
                        Guilty of bass harrasment

Comment

i don't like fishing in the rain...
                          Check out my blog

Comment

i don't like fishing in the rain...
                            Especially when you can just wait for a good day and its right out your back door! Will have to see if the temp stays up and try when I can finally get home.

Comment

The water in Freeway Lakes is really high and muddy right now. There are some huge bass in there. If you use baits that look like 8 or 9 inch trout you can catch bass between 8 and 10 pounds maybe larger. The water is always filthy however.

Comment

Have see some bigguns that were caught on swim baits there , I dont think I have ever seen the water there any color but brown. Have thought about tryin them but got lucky and have access to much private water now hard to go public anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Finneus Polebender View Post
                                  but got lucky and have access to much private water now hard to go public anymore.
                                  you're just spoiled
                                  Check out my blog

Comment

you're just spoiled
                                    Indeed !!!!!

Comment

Well FP, at least your an honest private lake fisherman. ;-)

P.S. I was offered access to a private lake in N. Albany a couple of years ago. I think this season, I will put in my tube and give it a whirl. There's nothing quite like having a quite spot all to yourself.
                                      IF IT'S GOT A FIN--PUT IT SAFELY BACK IN!

Comment

Originally posted by troutdude View Post
                                        Well FP, at least your an honest private lake fisherman. ;-)

P.S. I was offered access to a private lake in N. Albany a couple of years ago. I think this season, I will put in my tube and give it a whirl. There's nothing quite like having a quite spot all to yourself.
                                        And an abundance of fish who are for the most part none the wiser!

Comment

Most Popular

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                        Started by Willerman, 07-26-2016, 09:50 PM
                                        14 responses
                                        0 likes
                                        Last Post Anatoliy  
                                        Started by Spartankidfishing, 08-02-2016, 10:01 PM
                                        4 responses
                                        1 like
                                        Last Post tbrinks
                                        by tbrinks

Started by Billamicasr, 07-31-2016, 01:48 PM
                                        2 responses
                                        0 likes
                                        Last Post backcountryhunter  
                                        Started by Ballaholyk84, 07-02-2016, 07:24 PM
                                        7 responses
                                        0 likes
                                        Last Post WILD BILL  
                                        Working...
                                        X