Ling a thon!

G
Gulfstream
Made the trek back to Gold Beach to take advantage of the F A C conditions.Set 3 crab traps south in about 110 feet and headed out to the area that O F F member 4labs recommended.THANK YOU 4labs ! the area was defiantly a ling habitat. We kept 7 and threw back at least 10 keepers.The best luck came on swimbaits that my buddy makes on a 4oz head. IMG_4166.JPGIMG_4167.JPGIMG_4171.JPG The wind came up pretty hard around noon and made it to tough to fish so we headed over to the pots.They were STUFFED! Lots of big females and quite a few softies.We kept 21 for the hot tub.The mouth is getting quite narrow as you can see.HAVE FUN!

Reactions: BaldTexan
T
TimberTodd
A nice days haul!

hobster
hobster
:whs:

troutdude
troutdude
Nice catch!!!

P
playhooky
Ling envy! Looks like a great trip to me. Congrats!!

Irishrover
Irishrover
Amazing that those ugly fish taste so good! Looks like a good trip.

I
iHuntiGather
I cannot wait to get to the ocean!

4labs
4labs
WOW WOW WOW!!!!! Great catch Gulfsteam. Hard to believe you can get lings like that less than 3 miles from the harbor. The mouth is getting tight . 110 ft is really deep for me for crabs . That area is called the "sewer line" that's where the brown water from the river meets the blue water of the ocean . The commercial crabbers set their pots on the outside of that line. Try a white squid hoochie on a single hook and let it float in the current. It slowly sinks. I caught my biggest canary on it but had to release it before they were legal . Just south of the whistle is were Star charters will anchor up and fish for halibut . I tried it but only caught lings . Thanks for a great report and pictures. Makes a lot of us envious.

G
Gulfstream
Thank you!