Fishing for sharks off the beach

D
dcarbonari
Anyone ever fish for sharks off the beaches? If so what types do you normally get and where do you buy the wire for leader?

S
supertodd
I'm also interested in near shore shark fishing. I have read Humbodlt bay they get leopard and gill sharks. Wondering about nearshore southern Or waters.

Irishrover
Irishrover
I have not tried to fish for them from shore. Offshore they show up from time to time while salmon and tuna fishing. A lot of blue sharks. I don't target them rather I avoid them at all cost. They ruin a good tuna stop and destroy salmon gear. One showed up in the Columbia River by Hammond for a seal snack last year.

D
dcarbonari
I've heard a few stories of people getting smaller blues off the northern Oregon coast cause they come in and eat the surf perch but haven't heard much. Do you know where to buy the wire to make the leaders for them though? I'm having trouble finding it

Irishrover
Irishrover
Most big sporting goods store have it. I use a cable wire for halibut that I got via Cabelas.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Most large sporting goods stores carry it. I use cable wire for halibut and got it via Cabelas.