Favorite topwater lures for night jetty fishing

I
Ishannon4
Hi guys!

My name is Ian and this is my first time posting on the forum. I've done a lot of research on jetty fishing at night and I read that a lot of people throw jitterbugs and other topwater lures. What's your opinions on the best topwater lures for night time? What size and what color? Any advice is much appreciated!

Thanks,
-Ian

Troutski
Troutski
Welcome to the site, great place to learn and share... I don't have any helpful information on your post other than a warm welcome. Stay tuned, I am sure one of our members will lend a hand..
Tight lines and again welcome to OFF..

Chuck

EOBOY
EOBOY
I'm not sure what people use other than gulp worms white and green, but I do know all of them use a lantern to help draw the fish in.

G
Gulfstream
what are you fishing for?

C
Camo
Like EOBOY said ,use a lantern to draw the fish in.
Just a floating black & white Rapala cast to the edge of the lantern light. Have the lure dance around as much as you can out there. Bring something to shed the lantern light from your eyes like aluminium foil on your side of the lantern, you can see so much easier. Much better to see the take instead of waiting to feel it.

Reactions: EOBOY
B
bubs
Camo;n603630 said:
Like EOBOY said ,use a lantern to draw the fish in.
Just a floating black & white Rapala cast to the edge of the lantern light. Have the lure dance around as much as you can out there. Bring something to shed the lantern light from your eyes like aluminium foil on your side of the lantern, you can see so much easier. Much better to see the take instead of waiting to feel it.

Man this sounds fun, thanks for the tips

P
pinstriper
And wear a PDF with a water activated strobe.

Reactions: Troutski and troutdude
troutdude
troutdude
pinstriper;n603638 said:
And wear a PDF with a water activated strobe.

DITTO! You will NOT last long, without one.

Nailed a bunch of sea bass, back in the day, with jointed blue & silver floating Rapala's. Here are the tricks:

Minus tides, are best
When tide is going out, and you're on a finger jetty, face the bay side and cast
When the tide is coming back in, face the ocean side and cast
(but don't stay on the finger jetty, for too long...get back to higher ground)
Cast & twitch, slow retrieve, twitch, etc. (make the bait look like, it's in distress)

Good luck, have fun, post reports and pics, and stay safe.

And welcome, to OFF!

Reactions: Troutski