X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf perch fishing class at Rob's Basin Tackle in Charleston, Coos Bay

It's this Saturday at 10 am. The address is
    63510 Kingfisher Rd in Charleston.

I went to their clamming class a couple of weeks ago and ended up digging my limit of gapers, butters and cockles.

If you plan to attend, I'd like to meet you.

James

Comment

Comment

Wish it was closer, to Corvegas. Like Newport, Lincoln City, or even Florence. Hmm...maybe I should contacts shops, over there?

Comment

Bummer, wish I wasn't working on the house this weekend. That sounds like fun. I have done a lot of fishing/jigging for them off of rocks and cliff faces, but I have never surf fished for them before.

Comment

I am going to be assisting them with the seminar.I would recommend you call Friday and check to see if it will be held,as the weather may postpone it.541-888-3811. Forecast for Saturday is 25 knots of wind and 8-9 ft swell

Comment

Great info, Gulfstream! Were you at the clamming class a couple of weekends ago?

I'll double check his Facebook event to keep track & call the Friday afternoon before the weekend. I'd heard that the weather was going to be rough. I hope you introduce yourself if/when this class finally takes place!

Is that the number for Basin Tackle, or your number?

Troutdude, if I get the technique down, I'd be glad to dig around and find out where the good spots are at for surf fishing in Newport, if you want to me show you what I find out!

TheKnight, there will be other weekends!

Comment

Yes please Ikijime ; thank you kindly!

Comment

The phone number is for Basin. No, I was not at the clam class,I have my own method of bay clamming that I learned in CaliforniaI will see you at the seminar!

Comment

Hope they don't cancel I have some friends planning on going I can't make it. Perch should be showing up in the Bay at Winchester soon then I will go get them.

Comment

I called Basin Tackle today, and he said that he thinks the storm is supposed to pass by then, and the class is still on.

Comment

There were about 120 people,it was a good turnout.Ocean was kinda rough,lots of surge.It was good to meet you James,hope you got a few.Give me a call or P M me if you have any other questions! Whip

Comment

Was glad to finally meet you, Whip! I didn't catch any today, but it was great to learn the technique. I saw a couple of people catch 1 or two perch this morning. That storm moving in looked ominous.

Now that I've got the rod and terminal tackle for it, I'll try to keep an eye on ocean conditions (mostly keeping track of swell height?) and plan to make it down again soon.

Comment

Working...
                          X