Gulfstream
kept 4 out of 10 its getting better by the week! IMG_3900.JPG

Reactions: Ikijime, KCox, BaldTexan and 3 others
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
chunky perch! nice.

C_Run
C_Run
Nice. I hope to take a shot at those soon. Do you use sand shrimp?

G
Gulfstream
nope gulp worms

N
Nemoduck
I've been wanting to try catching perch, sounds like a trip to the beach is in the cards. Is there any particular color of gulp worms?

G
Gulfstream
2 .5 inch Camo Sandworm:)

Reactions: Ikijime
G
Gulfstream
i fish mine Carolina riged with a 1.5-2oz weight and about 24 inch leader

D
Dastanli
Where was this if you don't mind me asking? I never gone before and this is one of the new fishing adventure I want to do this year.

G
Gulfstream
most beaches along the coast hold fish.You have to know how to read the water and look for the holes and rips. Swell height and tide is important as well.P M me you phone number and I can give you a call if you'd like

C_Run
C_Run
Dastanli;n602878 said:
Where was this if you don't mind me asking? I never gone before and this is one of the new fishing adventure I want to do this year.

I believe gulfstream is in Coos County but you want to look for a beach that has some drop offs of which there are many. Scout at low tide and then come back and fish at high tide. I go to the south coast often and there are many great spots there. That's not to say there are not great places to fish elsewhere, but seek out beaches with some drop offs.

hobster
hobster
Nice chunky fish! You might be getting a pm from me Whip, I haven't surf fished in 20 years probably.

G
Gulfstream
Come on down!

N
Nemoduck
Gulfstream;n602871 said:
2 .5 inch Camo Sandworm:)

Thanks, my wife said we are going Sunday. Can't wait.

M
mustardthetrout
Wow, that one on the bottom is huge! I do a lot of perch fishing up on the northern beaches and we usually don't see fish that size until when they come in to spawn in late spring

G
Gulfstream
I was surprised ! I thought I had a striper on for a minute!

PK Yi
PK Yi
nice catch!! wow, those are nice.