Kayak halibut 'Mongo'

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Was not baggin a great story man the the best I saw in a while! You the man, now my boat is waiting on incoming tides next week on the Slaw!

D
Denduran87
That is awesome, you could tell from the smile just how you were feeling lol. Nicely done!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
GaryP1958;n598213 said:
Was not baggin a great story man the the best I saw in a while! You the man, now my boat is waiting on incoming tides next week on the Slaw!

just having some fun with ya. :peace:

As for the regs, for anyone curious, these ocean fish are managed under the Marine Zone which "consists of the Pacific Ocean, coastal bays, and beaches."

Under the rules for Lingcod, Rockfish, and Flounders (flounders, soles, sanddabs, turbots, and halibuts except Pacific halibut), Surf Perch, Herring, Anchovy, Sardine, and true smelts, and Offshore Pelagic Species (tuna):
  • May be taken by angling, hand, bow and arrow, spear, gaff hook, snag hook and herring jigs.
this does not apply to Striped Bass, Hybrid Bass, or Sturgeon.

BUT regardless of location (fresh or salt water), salmon, steelhead, and most other freshwater fish can only be taken by hooking them inside the mouth and a landing net is the only aid allowed.

Last edited:
S
supertodd
wow I love your videos, the lingcod and now california halibut, awesome