Willamette top water bass.

T
troutmasta
Took advantage of the nice weather and to get out into some of my favorite bass water. I was able to "guide" Tanner and myself into some nice small mouth top water action. We probably hooked over a dozen fish on various poppers including some pretty decent slabs. Water was almost warm, literally. We saw a Bald Eagle steal a suckerfish from an osprey and a few other little tidbits. Overall it was a great day.

Few pics.
29o3mnm.jpg
20kvmuc.jpg
33cacug.jpg

Last edited:
W
wils
look at those grins. awesome.

G
Gettin' Jiggy Wid It
very nice fish. I'll bet that osprey was pissed.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
excellent!

T
TimberTodd
Great job Jeff. How's the electric motor working out for Tanner? I sure like the one I put on my 12' DB.

T
troutmasta
Thanks all,

Todd, I think he is loving the motor. I can't fish for more than 20 feet before hes getting motor happy and "driving" us to some new spot. Borderline anoying. Will be nice come September though!

O
OnTheDrop
Love the motor Todd. At 86lbs of thrust, she moves the boat swiftly!

Good day. Went lower willamette a few days ago and hammered them again, even caught a a Walleye.

C
ChezJfrey
troutmasta said:
Thanks all,

Todd, I think he is loving the motor. I can't fish for more than 20 feet before hes getting motor happy and "driving" us to some new spot. Borderline anoying. Will be nice come September though!

Shoulda been there the day we went...he was all joyous and experimental..."Lemme see if I can drive this rapid with no oars." Like a kid in a candy store, I tell ya.

C
cascadeangler
Nice!

B
BaldTexan
Nice basses guys. Looks like the same area I caught some smallies from last summer. Top water bassin' is a blast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T
TimberTodd
troutmasta said:
I can't fish for more than 20 feet before hes getting motor happy and "driving" us to some new spot. Borderline annoying.
Better hope he doesn't buy a new set of oars just before winter steelhead season:). Glad to hear the motor is working out great Tanner.

bass
bass
Great report TM! I have not fished the Willamette since early April and your report makes me feel sad about that.