Sandy River steelhead of the day!

W
WATERKL39
DSCN0111.jpg
33inch - 20pound steelhead caught this morning 4/17/2015
Caught using 10' 6" lamiglas rod. Float with 1/8oz pearl white jig and wfo white worm pink tail.
3 casts in and this fish jumped twice and sizzled down river quick! It took me a good 20-30 minutes to
wear him down. Finally had to trek down river some to gain some line and finally hold him and land this beast.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: ChezJfrey and rogerdodger
bass
bass
Dang!!!!

Beautiful fish, sounds like it was an epic fight.

D
DrTheopolis
Beast of a hatchery fish. You're on fire lately.

T
troutmasta
Some ones heating up!

Thats a slug!

K
Kage
Nice catch, and here I just got my license today and thought to see if anyone knew a good spot to try on the Sandy River. I might head out tomorrow morning and get my line wet for the first time of the year. Any good bank fishing spots at the moment?

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Shiny!

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Thats a beast nice fish, Sandy is a beautiful river! From the bank?

M
Modest_Man
Can I borrow your scale? :)

EOBOY
EOBOY
You need a bigger kitchen ........LOL NICE FISH

EO

S
sapo
Great fish

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
If it aint 20lb its gettin damn close modest man some people fish steel and never get one like that! Something about Columbia River fish they get big and fat in fact that's one of the biggest Bucks ive ever seen!

Y
Yogidabear
That's a nice one!

1 nut in the water
Holy chit that is a beauty!!!

T
troutmasta
Modest_Man said:
Can I borrow your scale? :)

That fish is over 15. You can't hate on that.

E
eugene1
Nice big buck you got!

I do believe it's 20 or darn close.

Modest, note it isn't long-armed like many others are!

M
Modest_Man
I'm just jealous because the 36" buck I taped yesterday calculated out at 14.5. :(

Reactions: rogerdodger
M
montym
Relax MM! I have colleagues of my height who probably weigh half of what I do.. I guess they are happier about that than I am...

C
ChezJfrey
Modest_Man said:
I'm just jealous because the 36" buck I taped yesterday calculated out at 14.5. :(

Yeah, I get that same problem from time to time. Caught a Clack hatchery a couple years ago, taped 33 and 12.4 lbs...couldn't even round up :) But, a glance at the photos, it was clearly not near as thick/wide as WATERKL39's specimen either.

Great fish WATERKL

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I like using length/girth for big fish- sounds cool ( fall chinook hen, 42by25 ), great way to compare fish, and makes it easy to estimate weight later if you want. I like to bleed/gut the fish on the water right away and get back to fishing; taking these 2 quick measurements works for me...

troutdude
troutdude
HOLY MACKEREL! You've just catapulted yourself, into an elite fishing club!!!

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

:yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: