Sandy trash

C
champmclean
Sick of seeing people's garbage on the side of the river? Me too. Just wanted to ask everyone to bring a small plastic bag with you the next time you're out fishing. Fill it up. I'll try to remember too. It's up to the people who actually care about the rivers to keep them beautiful. Thanks.

Reactions: troutmasta
O
OrygunSon
I totally agree and adhere to the same practice. I have been teaching my boys to pick up empty worm containers, loose lines, and other trash whenever we go out. It makes me sick to see people pollute the banks and waters because they don't even care. Good job!

L
lizardman
I take a cooler on wheels which I carry my tackle box, bait, fishing vest, rod holder, and plastic bags.

I always take home more trash than I create and when fishing with my oldest son (now 14) and he starts not following direction I have him gather a bag or two of trash.

Of course I am in eastern Oregon and not on the Sandy. Part of the problem with the Sandy could be the people going down in air matteresses and just hanging out to party and stay cool (they probably bring a good portion of trash and leave it at the river).

M
mpruet
Yep, always seems like I come in after the group who wants to leave their empty 12 pack of beer and cigarette boxes on the river bank. Haven't been to Cedar Creek in few years, due to crossing challenges, but I can only imagine that it is going to look like a landfill with the Coho run we are expecting.

C
champmclean
mpruet
That's the type of stuff I see everywhere. A couple beers down by the river sounds delicious, but take em' when you leave. I'm sure I've accidentally left some trash outdoors, but deliberately leaving a bunch of empties behind is a dick move.

T
troutmasta
mpruet said:
Haven't been to Cedar Creek in few years, due to crossing challenges, but I can only imagine that it is going to look like a landfill with the Coho run we are expecting.

Rubber raft-
I'll roll with, house hole??