Sturgeon at Henry Hagg Lake?

B
bubs
Since the one in the video might be the only one, or if not, there can't be many...why not just leave them the $%^& alone?? :)

Reactions: EOBOY
B
BaldTexan
bubs said:
Since the one in the video might be the only one, or if not, there can't be many...why not just leave them the $%^& alone?? :)

You're kidding right. Many would love to be the one who caught Haggus! I won't be wasting my time tho

G
goodie619
bubs;n604554 said:

News worthy...

KOIN or KATV would cover it

D
dcarbonari
BaldTexan;n604599 said:
You're kidding right. Many would love to be the one who caught Haggus! I won't be wasting my time tho

:whs:
Yea I love sturgeon fishing its a lot of fun and even though the hook up rate for hagg is probably close to zero not stopping me from sacrificing one of my trout poles to swap it for a sturgeon rig. But I do agree about wasting time if I didn't have a two rod I wouldn't do it

M
montym
goodie619 said:
unfortunately the sheriffs do not find all the bodies of those who have drowned in the lake. its a hard subject to talk about and many dont like to talk about it. but like the episode of "river monster" where the catfish were feeding off the remains of those who passed in India. we could have the same thing right in our local lake.
I've heard tales of human fingers being found in a type of catfish found back home, and I do believe it because I trust the folks I heard it from. Not the infamous goonch, but probably a relative.

R
RednaxBass
I've heard tales of human fingers found inside a catfish inside of a larger catfish found inside of Haggus!

MrGrumpFish
MrGrumpFish
I sit on the hook and have lunch by the dam often and of late have been throwing a sturgeon rig on the bottom with left over herring from salmon season, or a chunk of squid. No bites yet but I just may catch that fish at some point. As for leaving him alone. No. Sturgeon are probably one of the most hardy species for catch and release. They can survive being out of the water for a long time. I plan to catch him. Get a picture with proof it is at Hagg, and release him. ODFW told me I couldn't keep him even though there are no regs written about sturgeon there. Technically I think you could get away with keeping it because there are no rules written for it.

Just my .02

Oh, and hello again. Its been a while.....

Chris

Reactions: troutdude