Sturgeon at Henry Hagg Lake?

E
espencer757
Did you know that the pictures of Nessie are actually touched up pictures of Sasquatch riding Haggas.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

M
Masin
I heard it was the chupracabra that was riding Haggus

E
espencer757
Did Elvis tell you that?

M
Masin
Scratching my nails on a chalkboard
I'll find him for three, but I'll catch him, and kill him, for ten

B
bubs
This is great! I love how Masin says "no shenanigans on my part" then proceeds to post multiple goofy posts joking about it! Is he serious? Who knows. (no offense intended Masin, if you are serious..)

I also love how the pictures are still questionable (based on the point Bass makes). So delightfully ambiguous. Until there's a better picture, it all still comes down to hearsay and legends...and I kind of hope it stays that way, it's all about the mystery! Any legit lake has to have at least one mysterious thing going on, it's just the way it is.

(However, one of us landing a 6 foot sturgeon at Hagg is also an acceptable scenario..)

Sidenote: serious question here - why would someone plant sturgeon in Hagg? What would they stand to gain?

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
bubs said:
Sidenote: serious question here - why would someone plant sturgeon in Hagg? What would they stand to gain?

In the mind of a bucket biologist - a brand new fishery for monster lake locked sturgeon.

In reality - unless they're dumping hundreds of these fish in, there's no way they'd take hold. Even then it's questionable - I believe sturgeon prefer to spawn in moving water - and I don't see hordes of spawner-age sturgeon moving into the likes of Sain or Scoggins or Tanner creek to get jiggy with themselves.

At least no knuckle heads have dumped carp into the lake - that would suck.

Maybe the next bucket bio will plant northern pike, tiger muskie, or piranha - at least those beasts would keep some of the swimmers away from the good bank spots ;)

M
Masin
bubs said:
This is great! I love how Masin says "no shenanigans on my part" then proceeds to post multiple goofy posts joking about it! Is he serious? Who knows. (no offense intended Masin, if you are serious..)

I also love how the pictures are still questionable (based on the point Bass makes). So delightfully ambiguous. Until there's a better picture, it all still comes down to hearsay and legends...and I kind of hope it stays that way, it's all about the mystery! Any legit lake has to have at least one mysterious thing going on, it's just the way it is.

(However, one of us landing a 6 foot sturgeon at Hagg is also an acceptable scenario..)

I'm sorry. I didn't realize that I couldn't be serious and later post something goofy in the same thread. I'll keep that in mind for future posts.

E
espencer757
I see no problems with it, just be careful you don't strip your gears changing dutifulness like that.

E
espencer757
Distrustful? Really? My phone hates me. That should have read directions. I really need to proof read more before tapping send.

E
espencer757
Wow, can't even get the correction correct! I give up. I hope you are all laughing "with" me and not "at" me.
Oh, who am I kidding, your laughing at me! I know it.

B
bubs
Masin I wasn't trying to call you out, sorry if it read that way. I simply was expressing my delight in the fact that so much about this thread actually just makes the Hagg sturgeon thing more ambiguous and mysterious, in spite of the fact that, ironically, the point of the thread was to make it less mysterious or ambiguous.

It's the same with a lot of things, for example, UFO stories: "No, UFOs are real! Both my uncles saw one when they were drinking out in the desert! Look, here's a picture that is intriguing but doesn't actually prove anything!" It's always going to be a cycle of people who see stuff like that trying to tell others and then getting frustrated when no one believes them...and the mystery builds...and people get sick of trying to convince others...then other people jumping in and just making stuff up to pull people's legs and making the whole thing more confusing...sort of sad and amusing at the same time, ya know?

The truth is out there...

M
montym
I second Bubs, Masin. Please don't take offense at that post. And punishment for fighting in my thread might be severe, I'll ask the grandma to wield her rod!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

F
Fishpdx
My friend swore he saw a killerwhale in the hagg last week, he also said he didn't drink...

J
Jordy
Ive always wondered about a fish i lost 3 years ago while the willamette was blown out in may. Had some friends in from out of town who came to fish and it was our only option. Trout are so far off my radar that we had to use steelhead gear and I hooked up on a 9'0 rod with 10lb leader and was finally spooled on my curado after a 2 minute fight. I always thought it was a monster catfish but this makes so much more sense.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
So I get a text from me mum this evening after she got back from a day of fishing. She had two pieces of info for me - both of which made me kind of sad. First - she said she was up between Tanner and ramp A and saw some big carp. :( Second, she said there are reports that a boat angler landed a sturgeon on Sunday. This is unconfirmed.

Carp being in Hagg bums me out. I like fishing for carp - but they've got no business being there, and the person or persons responsible for their introduction should be publicly flogged.

As for sturgeon in the lake - there's probably not many in the lake and likely not many breeding pairs. Unless ODFW decides to start stocking them - it's probably not a fishery that is going to take off, unlike the overgrown gold fish mentioned above.

E
espencer757
If there are sturgeon in the lake, and the probably are, no matter the number, they will not breed. And I am with you. I love fishing for sturgeon, but introducing a species in an area that they have no business being in is dangerous. A couple of sturgeon that will not reproduce may not be a big deal, but carp and other fish that start reproducing like a bunch of rabbits can kill a complete aquatic ecosystem. Just look at the silver carp on the Missouri River, or the snakehead in Florida and other areas. All devastating. There are some stubbies people out there.

A
anglepig62@aol.com
Yes the sturgeon is real in Hagg. Yes the giant carp is real also!! No the photos Masin posted are not photoshopped!!! Yes someone caught a sturgeon on Sunday at boat ramp c. Yes the employees at Hagg knows of the sturgeon there!!! If caught you have to release it!! ODFW can fine you for keeping it!!

B
bubs
anglepig62@aol.com said:
Yes the sturgeon is real in Hagg. Yes the giant carp is real also!! No the photos Masin posted are not photoshopped!!! Yes someone caught a sturgeon on Sunday at boat ramp c. Yes the employees at Hagg knows of the sturgeon there!!! If caught you have to release it!! ODFW can fine you for keeping it!!

The conspiracy grows....where's Fox when you need him

M
Masin
If the sturgeon was caught, I wonder if it was released. If not, could ODFW fine someone since the regulations for Hagg obviously say nothing about sturgeon?

M
Masin
Got clarification on the regs. It would be a hefty fine for keeping the sturgeon if caught. Apparently the guy who caught it was not caught keeping it.