Fishing GP

O
oraca
Has been a cold wet winter I am starting to get koke fever any reports on the lake?

C
capblack
people have been catching a few. probably won't be real good for a couple months yet, but i am getting ready to start going in the next couple weeks i think.

R
rainORsnow1
oraca said:
Has been a cold wet winter I am starting to get koke fever any reports on the lake?

I would say, depending on the weather, a month or so before it's hot. I've seen decent reports as of late.

Markk
Markk
I am going to try and get out this weekend. If i get out i will post report.
oraca said:

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Markk said:
I am going to try and get out this weekend. If i get out i will post report.

excellent, looking forward to hearing how it is fishing this time of year...cheers, roger

O
oraca
Thank you for the reply's for a while I thought the thread was dead. gp sun rise & eat fish 006.jpg

C
Chelsea.Fishing.Mama
susa3unu.jpg

Green Peter 03/22/2014
Showing my little man the ways of the water :)

O
oraca
There is not a better way to spend time with your family, you are building life time memories. Next time lets have the photo of the youngster reeling in the fish. Keep taking em fishing.

C
Chelsea.Fishing.Mama
Yes he should have reeled that one in. Mommy was just so excited I couldn't contain myself :) bemy6ane.jpg

He got to present it after :)

Markk
Markk
rogerdodger said:
excellent, looking forward to hearing how it is fishing this time of year...cheers, roger
Put in at 8 this morning took out at 3. Struggled a bit with my new downrigger for the 1st hour or so. I boated 6 released 2 small ones, released 4 before they got to the boat and had a half a dozen drive byes. I was by myself and was fishing 2 poles, one long lining and one on the downrigger. There were 10 trailer in the parking lot when i left.

Last edited:
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Markk said:
Put in at 8 this morning took out at 3. Struggled a bit with my new downrigger for the 1st hour or so. I boated 6 released 2 small ones, released 4 before they got to the boat and had a half a dozen drive byes. I was by myself and was fishing 2 poles, one long lining and one on the downrigger. There were 10 trailer in the parking lot when i left.

were they rainbows or kokes?

Markk
Markk
B
billfisher
oraca said:

Theres been some good reports with pics the last 2 weeks. One with 41 last Sat. and 32 last week. My best day so far has been 11 by myself.

C_Run
C_Run
Will make the first trip of '14 in the next week ala kayak. Will post results, if any. Rods rigged and ready to go.

Markk
Markk
Heading out in the morning. �� I will post results.

T
trollman
Green Peter

Green Peter

oraca said:

Fished GP 4/03, caught nine between 6:30 and noon. Most caught in Whitcom Creek arm. All but one 11 & 1/2"er, were between 9 & 1/2 - 10 & 1/2 inches. Going to be a great year for the Kokes at GP.

Markk
Markk
trollman said:
Fished GP 4/03, caught nine between 6:30 and noon. Most caught in Whitcom Creek arm. All but one 11 & 1/2"er, were between 9 & 1/2 - 10 & 1/2 inches. Going to be a great year for the Kokes at GP.
You did better than me. I only caught 3.

C_Run
C_Run
Nice to see reports coming in and people catching . Thanks all. Welcome trollman. I still have not been up but will do so soon.

C_Run
C_Run
I finally went for the first time this year. Caught 10 kokanee plus one trout all on pink spinner hootchies and a gold dodger and my own corn. I was up the Quartzville arm and it was beautiful weather. I probably lost 20. They seem to max out about 11" right now.

zEG8MOH.jpg

C_Run
C_Run
Three days later. I went back already with my wife and son in three kayaks expecting more action from the kokanee. I don't know what was up but we mainly caught rainbow trout. Nobody lost any fish and we did not have near the number of bites as I did on Thursday. I had sharpened every hook extra and went back to using snubbers (No snubbers on Thursday) and I think that made a big difference, in fact I am now convinced. I released two trout and the total for the day was 4 kokes and seven trout. We fished about five hours. At least we have enough to smoke a batch now.

cZbyhez.jpg

I think I lost my orange Kodak Easy Share camera on the gravel boat ramp up Quartzville Arm.I left it on the tailgate , I think. It's a $90 item so my life will go on without it but I mentioned it on the OFF chance anyone here finds it.

OK , folks.....any more GP reports from you guys. Come on.