Fishing near Corvallis

G
gfisher2003
i live in corvallis and im pretty young and can only bike places but my mom doesn't want me biking on any highways (like the one to E.E. Wilson) so does anyone know of anywhere i could bike to near Corvallis that i could fish in i also can't go to the willamette without an adult with me

EOBOY
EOBOY
Sorry I don't know anything about Corvallis. Perhaps one of your teachers would know where to go.

Admin
Admin
There is a little pond full of bluegill at SW Lilly avenue. Well, at least there was about 5 years ago.

G
gfisher2003
i looked that up on google maps and its now on the property of crystal lake apartments not sure if it was five years ago though so im not sure if i could fish there i might bike down and check it out though

L
LingFace
By the way, bluegill are a very tasty fish although they only have about one bite of meat each. They are generally self sustaining so don't worry about over fishing them as long as you stay within the daily limits for the pond. They are fattest in June and July. Also, since they eat more insects than other fish, they have lower toxicity than other resident fish such as bass.

troutdude
troutdude
Plunk some rancid chicken liver bits, into the Mary's River--where it dumps into, the Willy. There are good size catfish, in there. That's about all, since you can't get onto a highway or go outside of the city. Other than that pond, on Lilly. Except for Crystal Lake, just a short hop SE, of the pond OFF of Lilly.

G
gfisher2003
i know im allowed to fish on the marys so thanks

troutdude
troutdude
gfisher2003;n598822 said:
i know im allowed to fish on the marys so thanks

Nice. You might also try the Mary's, along Avery Park--and even behind the boy scout hall, just north of Marysville Golf Course. But you should stop at the house, on the way in, to ask permission from their property manager. You might also visit the office at the Golf Course, and see about permission to fish the Mary's back there too. Probably find some cutties and smallies.

W
Willerman
gfisher2003;n598805 said:
i looked that up on google maps and its now on the property of crystal lake apartments not sure if it was five years ago though so im not sure if i could fish there i might bike down and check it out though

I have fished there multiple times and never gotten in trouble. I think they normally have a problem when people park in their apartment complex (when they aren't supposed to) and walk with their rods over to the pond. I usually just park and enter at the end of Lilly ave., over by that bus stop. I have caught some pretty big bass out of that pond too. Might be a little weedy right now, but wait a month or so after the rains and it should be good. Crystal lake is another good option right in town - drop some senkos in the river right there for some smallies. Good luck.

G
gfisher2003
thanks any ideas on what bait to use and how to fish on the marys ive fly fished in the marys and used a spinning and each time i lose a couple of hooks to snags