Freeway Lakes (near Albany)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeway Lakes (near Albany)

I took my 6 year old nephew out in freeway lakes yesterday, mostly to play with my new 12-foot aluminum. Going with the ol' worm and bobber approach, we didn't so much as get a nibble! In an act of desperation, I let a black rooster-tail drag behind us on the way in from the third lake. When I slowed down to go under the freeway, I noticed the tip of my pole looking kind of "suspicous". I reeled it in to find about a 2 inch bass latched on to the rooster-tail!(his mouth was barely bigger then the hook) Thinking this may not be such a bad idea after all, I tied one my nephews pole, and we took another loop around the third lake. We ended up with a bucket full of crappie, and even a decent sized bluegill! Not to mention the satisfaction of seeing my nephew smile from ear-to-ear every time he hooked one of those crappie on is ultra-light!

What size black rooster tail were you using? I am looking for a good place to take my 4 year old grandson.

Comment

What was the average size of the crappie?
      Last edited by TTFishon; 08-03-2009, 06:18 PM. Reason: re word question

Comment

It was a "small" rooster tail. I'm not real sure of the size:confused: As for the size of the crappie, they averaged about 8-9 inches.

Comment

Most Popular

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by smoky, 07-07-2016, 12:11 AM
        14 responses
        1 like
        Last Post LivinItUpCO  
        Started by espencer757, 07-23-2016, 09:41 PM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post espencer757