Stocking at Alton Baker

F
fisherman97
I know they stalked Alton baker a couple of weeks ago with some really good fish. But now most fish are gone I've been going bey day and have only seen a couple caught a day:( does anybody know when they will stock it again?

troutdude
troutdude
Steelies will ALWAYS deliver more bang, than their smaller kinfolk.

Stocking will likely not start up again, until February. ODFW should update their stocking schedule soon, for 2013. Until then, pickings (as you've already seen), will be slim.

R
rhubarb
stocked it yesterday morning, two big boxes at the bridge, more hosed in at the pond. Looked like some nice size fish, power baiters were chumming in force.

G
grampa ron
It sure is nice to have a place in town that has a decent stocking program. A friend and I caught our limits, on Thursday, with our fly rods. I went back Friday and c&r 4 more and the same Saturday.

R
rippin fish lips
grampa ron said:
It sure is nice to have a place in town that has a decent stocking program. A friend and I caught our limits, on Thursday, with our fly rods. I went back Friday and c&r 4 more and the same Saturday.

I believe you were out there Last thursday when they stocked it. Met up with Bran-man and we were tossin spinners at em. Did good. Also.... IF you are having a hard time catching fish in the Duck pond that might be fished out. Go search for the canal. BEhind the football stadium. Fish all up and down it. Usually catch fish there and in the canal part when the duck pond is fished out. Other then that they been stocked it every 2-3 weeks with unscheduled stocks.

R
rhubarb
grampa ron said:

What were you using, nymphs?

G
grampa ron
I was using streamers and stripping it in. It was extremely cold.