Cleawox

P
playhooky
RD....tried to PM you. Seems I'm unable to PM anymore (?). Apologies to others here but looking for intel on Cleawox. Planning to go there within the next few weeks. Looking for fishery info. Long drive so if early April is questionable.....I'm listening. Thanks to anyone with input.

Chromatose
Chromatose
Archived is as much help as I can be

Reactions: troutdude
S
stanster
Are you going to be trout fishing? I've had good luck there fly fishing for trout. The lake is stocked by Oregon F&W periodically. You can check on the status by googling Lane County Trout Stocking and you will get a list of Lane County lakes that have been stocked each week. Will you be boating or bank fishing? Either will work. There is a large fishing dock near the picnic area and a smaller dock ( used for boat rentals ) near the lodge. I've had good luck on the white dock, just casting out towards the middle of the lake.

P
playhooky
stanster said:
Are you going to be trout fishing? I've had good luck there fly fishing for trout. The lake is stocked by Oregon F&W periodically. You can check on the status by googling Lane County Trout Stocking and you will get a list of Lane County lakes that have been stocked each week. Will you be boating or bank fishing? Either will work. There is a large fishing dock near the picnic area and a smaller dock ( used for boat rentals ) near the lodge. I've had good luck on the white dock, just casting out towards the middle of the lake.

I was planning on bringing a boat and fishing for trout. A little early & perhaps water temps are too cold yet for some of the other species in that water. If nothing is happening at Cleawox I will likely hope for a good tide and try for some red tails in the surf. Or, there's other options....several nice lakes down that way. Just not that familiar, therefore the inquiry. Thanks to all for your input.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
playhooky;n603217 said:
RD....tried to PM you. Seems I'm unable to PM anymore (?). Apologies to others here but looking for intel on Cleawox. Planning to go there within the next few weeks. Looking for fishery info. Long drive so if early April is questionable.....I'm listening. Thanks to anyone with input.

did you get my PM Monday?

S
stanster
You should be ok. They stocked 3,000 fish there between 3/13 and 3/17. They plan on stocking a few thousand between 4/10 and 4/21.
Good luck!

M
montym
Awesome lake, we were there a year ago. Fished mostly off the dunes by the picnic area, power bait and castmasters did great. My 6 year old daughter hooked I think 4 fish in about 5 minutes on castmasters, that was awesome. There were some decent sized ones too.

troutdude
troutdude
No Title

Perhaps this will be somewhat helpful.

"Eugene Area Fishing Maps", by Pete Heley

Published by:

Pete Heley Books

• photo31241.jpg
GaryP1958
GaryP1958
No Title

It was stocked today!

troutdude
troutdude
More victims slain, by a Fenny!

P
playhooky
rogerdodger said:
did you get my PM Monday?

NO.... for some unknown reason I can no longer send or receive PM's. It is frustrating to me....obviously a glitch somewhere. It's been this way since the last forum format change. Perhaps the webmaster will see this and can "HELP".....PLEASE!! Thanks for responding anyway RD. I've always appreciated your input and wealth of good information regarding that area. Cheers!