diamond lake fishing

F
fishexpert
hey everybody well just got my boat all tuned up to get some big trout for the diamond lake balckbird derby and now my truck is acting up figures:rolleyes: lol well if anyone is heading up there for this tourney and has a vehicle to tow a 18 boat well ive got a lot of room on the boat

troutdude
troutdude
Welcome to OFF. Hope you find someone with a rig and the willingness to go to the derby.

F
fishindude
Welcome to OFF , sorry about your bad luck with your tow rig .

F
fishexpert
thanks for the welcome well hopefully ill be able to find somebody who dosent want to rent a boat

B
Big Hairy Dawg
What kind of boat?

B
Big Hairy Dawg
We just got home from the Diamond late last night..broke the 20" mark finally with a 21" fatty. Pictures to come after I down load them. Also one of the cabins caught on fire Saturday night and caused a lot of excitement.

Are you a bait fisherman?

F
fishexpert
diamond

diamond

nice report that lakes got some nice fish in it for sure Ive puled some big ones out My boat. Is a 18ft bayrunner the lightest 18aluminum boat youll ever see. And yea i truely prefer bait fishing but fishing is fishing whatever is good with me thanks for the reply

M
micaheli
I'd love to hear some tips for this lake. I'm heading up there tomorrow morning. How'd you catch that 21"er? I too will be joining that fishing derby on Saturday. Hope to see you up there fishingexpert. We'll be in a 19' bayliner with downriggers and a bow anchor pully (It's probably the only bayliner outfitted for fishing I've ever seen). We have a big group site.. Look for a large grey truck with a canopy. That'll be us. Come on by and we'll toss you a beer.

--Micah

B
Big Hairy Dawg
I can't seem to figure out how to add a picture in my reply so I will start a post for you.

B
Big Hairy Dawg
We used chartruse power bait with glitter and Mike's garlic scent. This color seems to out fish any other...2lb test leader.....cheese hole is hot right now.

troutdude
troutdude
In every single lake that I fished last year (about 10 or so), Chartreuse was THE color...period. It even worked at my first lake outing @ Detroit last weekend.

Wow. 2 lb. leader and a 21" beast. Nicely done!

N
nwkiller
yep chartruse anything is hot!